Atlassian (501+ Employees, 122% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or return to an office as they reopen (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
We’re looking for an experienced Commercial Counsel to join our Supplier Commercial Contracts team. Ideally, you are resourceful, capable of building strong business relationships, and comfortable working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment. You will be responsible for negotiating and drafting contracts with Atlassian’s suppliers, ensuring Atlassian’s contracts are aligned with business objectives and needs. This is a great opportunity to join a growing legal team and support strategic transactions that drive Atlassian’s operations.
In this role, you will:
- Become a member of our growing team of individuals in our Legal team supporting Atlassian’s Commercial Supplier Contracts team
- Provide pragmatic, business-minded guidance on contract-related issues
- Draft and negotiate a broad range of inbound supplier contracts, including SaaS, licenses, professional services, and developer agreements
- Work closely with other members of the Legal team to address supplier contract issues, including Privacy and IP
- Work to address supplier issues with other Atlassian teams, including Procurement, Risk and Compliance, Security and more
- Participate in teams to address strategic product issues, including regulated industry compliance, and legal requirements for new products
- Develop support materials and provide trainings to educate our product teams on contract terms and other legal issues
- Assist with special projects as needed, including projects focused on improving legal processes
- You take ownership, roll up your sleeves, and get things done
- You are curious, and want to learn more about Atlassian’s unique business model and products
- You build relationships with business stakeholders to strengthen the connection between our team and the business
- You effectively navigate a decentralized and complex organization spread across the globe
- You effectively communicate with the business and suppliers to help them understand and follow the rules and parameters imposed by laws
- Qualification to practice law in your local jurisdiction
- Strong experience drafting and negotiating supplier contracts, with an emphasis on technology and data privacy matters
- Passion for understanding our supplier, products, culture, and business model
- Excellent judgment and strong communication skills
- Ability to handle competing priorities in a dynamic environment
- Willingness to handle new areas of responsibility
More About You:
On your first day, we’ll expect you to have:
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we’re motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team .
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone’s perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub .