Coursera (501+ Employees, 96% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
We provide universal access to the world’s best education.
Coursera was launched in 2012 by two Stanford Computer Science professors, Andrew Ng and Daphne Koller, with a mission to provide universal access to world-class learning. It is now one of the largest online learning platforms in the world, with 92 million registered learners as of Sept. 30, 2021. Coursera partners with over 250 leading university and industry partners to offer a broad catalog of content and credentials, including Guided Projects, courses, Specializations, certificates, and bachelor’s and master’s degrees. Institutions around the world use Coursera to upskill and reskill their employees, citizens, and students in many high-demand fields, including data science, technology, and business. Coursera became a B Corp in February 2021.
The Community team supports Coursera’s mission by fostering peer to peer connections, enabling community members to support each other and encouraging generation of resources and content.
We are looking for an experienced online community builder to engage and develop our learner community. Our ideal candidate is an empathetic leader and fantastic communicator who thrives on interaction with people. We are looking for a proven operator, with strong analytical, interpersonal, and creative instincts, and the ability to navigate the fast-paced ambiguity of a growth company.
- Develop and refine the strategy to ensure the community grows and provides value to learners as well as Coursera.
- Understand and prioritize community needs and collaborate with Product and Marketing to drive awareness of and engagement with the community.
- Engage with and moderate the community to build strong relationships and maintain a healthy, vibrant and interactive space at scale.
- Foster connections between community members and encourage them to support and guide one another. Nurture active members and encourage them to take a leadership role in supporting other learners in the community.
- Identify, track, and report key community activity, impact and health metrics. Use data to identify community trends and issues and identify improvements.
- Coordinate the Community Moderators and manage the operations and processes associated with the community and find ways to improve and streamline them.
- 3+ years experience building and managing large, global online communities in a fast-growing technology or education company
- Experience in building community for education or focused on generating content
- Experience building a community on Salesforce Service Cloud
- Analytical, strategic, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact with a wide range of people.
- Creative, motivated, and able to quickly adapt and iterate on tactics based on learnings.
- A passion for our mission, and achieving ambitious goals to bring high-quality educational experience to learners around the world
- Demonstrated ability to work independently
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple projects
- Demonstrated ability to use written and verbal communication to explain, influence, engage and lead
If this opportunity interests you, you might like these courses on Coursera:
Coursera is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected class.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, please contact us at [email protected]
Please review our CCPA Applicant Notice here.