NextRoll (501+ Employees, 6% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
NextRoll Inc. is a marketing and data technology company with a mission to accelerate growth for companies, big & small.
AdRoll is the Marketing OS for growing D2C brands. The Growth Guerilla Collective (GGC) is the AdRoll Community Program for the marketers behind these brands. As our Community Manager, you will represent AdRoll in helping our online community of D2C marketers get answers to their questions and learn from fellow marketers while growing goodwill towards AdRoll.
You will be responsible for building on top of and executing on a vision of vibrant community growth through exceptional value and experiences for D2C marketers, prospects and customers.
The Community Manager will drive the strategy and roadmap for The GGC and collaborate closely with all parts of Marketing, Customer Success and Sales to bring it to life.
This role is open in our San Francisco, New York, Salt Lake City offices, or Remote.
Not sure that you might not be perfect for this role? You should still apply! We’ll review your application for other opportunities. We’re always on the lookout for talented people and we’re committed to developing each employee’s career with over 1,800 training classes offered every year.
The impact you’ll make:
- Identify and engage (at scale) individuals and groups amongst our ICP who would benefit from the GGC and turn them into advocates in growing the Community
- Inspire and enable users and boost brand awareness by designing and executing on engaging Community events and experiences
- Create a scalable content and resource strategy to underpin the community experience
- Facilitate an inviting, helpful and honest Community culture that represents the AdRoll values
- Build authentic relationships with advocates by interacting with, supporting and celebrating Community users on a daily basis
- Own and administer the Community experience, including partnering with our Customer Marketing, Content, Creative and PMM Teams
- Activate the Community to improve new user adoption and product usage, and contribute to cross-functional efforts with the same goals
- Build, track and communicate Community KPIs to influence decisions and priorities
Skills you’ll bring:
- 5+ years of experience building and scaling online community programs
- Experience in leading and influencing cross-functional projects and teams
- Energetic and outgoing personality who is comfortable being out front in championing AdRoll and the GGC to D2C marketers
- Ability to create structure and processes that bring vision and plans to life with ability to drive adoption
- Strong attention to detail and ability to use data to make decisions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Benefits and perks:
- Competitive salary and equity
- 100% employee coverage for medical, dental and vision premiums
- Short and long term disability benefits at no cost to the employee
- Basic life and AD&D insurance at no cost to the employee
- 401K Plan (Pre-tax and Roth)
- 4 weeks of paid time off and work/life balance
- Up to 12 weeks of paid family leave (care for a family member, bond with a new child, etc.)
- Up to 6 weeks of paid disability leave (up to 12 weeks for pregnancy disability leave)
- Join a community of fellow Rollers as a member of one of our Employee Resource Groups
- Ample opportunities to volunteer with local organizations with NextRoll Gives Back
AdRoll, a division of NextRoll, is an ecommerce marketing platform that gives growing direct-to-consumer (D2C) brands the power to connect with people everywhere they go online. The AdRoll Platform is fueled by our pioneering use of machine learning to analyze real-time performance advertising data – and that early work is why more than 120k brands have relied on us since 2007. We believe in shopping local, shopping small, and giving every ecommerce marketer across fashion, beauty, health & wellness, travel, and more, the marketing automation – aka superpowers – they need to connect with customers and grow their business.
We are committed to building diverse teams of “Rollers” and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, ancestry, sex, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, citizenship, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or other characteristics. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please notify us to request accommodation.