OpenSea (51-200 Employees, 664% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
OpenSea is the first and largest peer-to-peer marketplace for cryptogoods (like an eBay for crypto assets), which include collectibles, gaming items, and other virtual goods backed by a blockchain. On OpenSea, anyone can buy or sell these items through a smart contract. The OpenSea team has backgrounds from Stanford, Palantir, and Google, and is funded by YCombinator, Founders Fund, Coinbase Ventures, 1Confirmation, and Blockchain Capital.
OpenSea is the first and largest marketplace for non-fungible tokens, or NFTs. Applications for NFTs include collectibles, gaming items, domain names, digital art, and many other items backed by a blockchain. OpenSea is an open, inclusive web3 platform, where individuals can come to explore NFTs and connect with each other to purchase and sell NFTs. At OpenSea, we’re excited about building a platform that supports a brand new economy based on true digital ownership and are proud to be recognized as Y Combinator’s #4 ranked top private company.When hiring candidates, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in our culture, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, grow rapidly, and love our work. We also know how critical it is to celebrate and support our differences. Employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences and opinions enables our employees, our product and our community to flourish. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. To help facilitate this, we support remote, hybrid or onsite work at either New York City, San Francisco or the Silicon Valley for the majority of our opportunities.OpenSea is looking for an entrepreneurially-minded individual to act as an evangelist, liaison, and host. This person would specifically focus on Discord moderation, on-platform events, and other activities to engage and connect with the broader OpenSea Discord community. Ideally, this individual would be a self-starter with experience using decentralized technologies, combined with some experience in customer success and marketing at an early stage software company.Please note that this is a full time position, based in Singapore.
What You’ll Do
- Onboard new users and ensure their continued success as NFT traders
- Answer non-technical user questions and troubleshoot
- Work closely with OpenSea’s Product, Engineering, Community, and Communications teams to write and disseminate critical information about feature updates and product launches as well as bug-related issues as they arise
- Organize and host events on our Discord server on a regular basis
- Maintain and promote a vibrant community culture on Discord
- Synthesize insights from community interactions and surface critical issues to the engineering team
- Keep internal and external informational resources up to date in an environment of rapid iteration
- Contribute ideas and effort to our brand, content, and community strategies
- Manage and scale a team of part-time moderators based globally
If you don’t think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we’re looking for someone who is excited to join the team.
- 1-2 years moderating a Discord-based consumer community
- Understanding of and passion for decentralized technology
- Strong work ethic, hustle, communication, writing ability, and business development sensibility
- Comfort with semi-technical tasks like using an admin panel and running scripts from the command line or willingness to learn how to do them
- Deep curiosity, relentless resourcefulness, and a growth mindset
- Perfect comfort with frequent context switching
- Ability to effectively prioritize tasks in a rapidly shifting landscape
- Patience for helping out the new and unacquainted