"Turnitin, LLC" (501+ Employees, 33% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Academic integrity starts here.
When you join Turnitin, you’ll be welcomed into a company that is a recognized innovator in the global education space. For more than 20 years, Turnitin has partnered with educational institutions to promote honesty, consistency, and fairness across all subject areas and assessment types. Over 16,000 academic institutions, publishers, and corporations use our services: Gradescope by Turnitin, iThenticate, Turnitin Feedback Studio, Turnitin Originality, Turnitin Similarity, ExamSoft, and ProctorExam.
Turnitin has offices in Australia, India, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Mexico, the Netherlands, the Philippines, Ukraine, the United Kingdom, and the United States. Our diverse community of colleagues are all unified by a shared desire to make a difference in education. Come join us, and let’s make change together.
Turnitin is seeking a high-energy, broadly-skilled, and detail-oriented Compliance Analyst, who possesses a passion for data protection and security, and risk management. The Compliance Analyst will be responsible for working closely with all departments at Turnitin, and our family of products focusing on Technology and Information Security. This role will report to the Chief Security Officer, who will set clear goals, and assist collaboratively with strategic initiatives. This position will be supervised by the CSO’s program manager, together being the responsible authority for company-wide data, availability, and security governance.
Job functions include authoring and maintaining policies, managing audits, and working
collaboratively with key leaders and influencers across all organizations; the Compliance
Analyst will be responsible for tactical execution of the majority of GRC at the enterprise. Job functions also include creation and curation of trainings, facilitation of attestation evidence to customers, and managing projects related to information security. Responsibilities are heavily focused on information technology security and global data privacy / protection, but candidates must only demonstrate a desire and ability to learn these concepts, while possessing reasonable experience with governance, risk, and compliance. Responsibilities are heavily focused on information technology security and global data privacy / protection, but candidates must only demonstrate a desire and ability to learn these concepts, while possessing reasonable experience with governance, risk, and compliance.
- Aligns with industry-standard and industry-accepted frameworks to govern data privacy, availability, confidentiality, processing-integrity, and security at the Turnitin enterprise through ownership of policies, facilitation of standards, and educating personnel to author conforming processes and guidelines.
- Manages external audit initiatives, including multiple, independent SOC2 Type 1 and 2 programs, attestations to governing operating entities, and customer compliance attestations tactically performed by proposal professionals.
- Empowers departments through compliance and governance programs by focusing on consistent and clear policies that provide consistent and clear guidance and guardrails to those they govern.
- Assesses risk by identifying areas of non-compliance and evaluating risks related to key technology processes.
- Provides central oversight to deliver consistency and quality in compliance work across the technology organization
- Effective communicator who can convey the changing risk landscape to technical and non-technical stakeholders confidently.
- Self-motivated, with the ability to work proactively; alone, or as part of a team, with the flexibility to change priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Business Continuity Program and Disaster Recovery Program management and documentation
- IT Vendor Compliance management and documentation
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience (CISA, CISSP, ISSMP)
- 1-3 years of experience with Information Security, Privacy and Compliance Program Management.
- Experience in IT Compliance, IT Audit, IT Security, or IT related field
- Technology Policy & Compliance Management and Documentation (CIS Top 20, SOC2, GDPR, CCPA, NIST experience preferred)
Our Mission is to ensure the integrity of global education and meaningfully improve learning outcomes.
Our Values underpin everything we do.
Customer Centric – We realize our mission to ensure integrity and improve learning outcomes by putting educators and learners at the center of everything we do.
Passion for Learning – We seek out teammates that are constantly learning and growing and build a workplace which enables them to do so.
Integrity – We believe integrity is the heartbeat of ExamSoft. It shapes our products, the way we treat each other, and how we work with our customers and vendors.
Action & Ownership – We have a bias toward action and empower teammates to make decisions.
One Team – We strive to break down silos, collaborate effectively, and celebrate each other’s successes.
Global Mindset – We respect local cultures and embrace diversity. We think globally and act locally to maximize our impact on education.
Turnitin, LLC is committed to the policy that all persons have equal access to its programs, facilities and employment. We strongly encourage applications from people of color, persons with disabilities, women, and the LGBTQ+ community, regardless of age, gender, religion, marital or veterans status.