Aurora Solar (201-500 Employees, 174% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
About the role:
Aurora Solar is a fast-growing Series D company on a mission to create a future of solar energy for all. Aurora makes the software that is enabling society to transition to a world powered by solar power. It’s our goal to have every solar installation in the world pass through our software, which has already been used to design millions of solar projects. Named one of “The Best Places To Work in 2022” by BuiltInSF.com and awarded #1 Solar Software platform by Solar Power World, Aurora is disrupting the energy industry and changing the course of history.
As a computer vision engineer at Aurora, you will be charged with using cutting-edge computer vision techniques to generate 3D models of rooftops that will help our customers streamline the solar sales process.
We are a passionate and diverse team that aspires to be the best place for the best people and we’re looking for talented individuals to accelerate our exponential growth as we continue to scale. If you are looking for a stimulating and fulfilling role, come join us!
What you’ll do:
- Train computer vision models using Aurora’s satellite imagery and 3D data
- Build, test and deploy features that leverage these models
- Develop trailblazing object detection and 3D computer vision algorithms
- Maintain and improve Aurora’s training and dataset infrastructure
What we value:
- A degree in Computer Science or related fields.
- Experience with computer vision, either in industry or academia
- Working knowledge of Python and machine learning libraries like PyTorch or Tensorflow
- Desire to learn and apply the latest computer vision techniques
- A background in related fields such as graphics, computational geometry, or convex optimization is a plus
- Passion for renewable energy and sustainability
- Ability to take ownership of large, complex computer vision projects with uncertain outcomes
- Familiarity with Git or other version control systems
Aurora is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workforce of people who believe in and are passionate about creating a future of solar energy for all. We are an equal opportunity employer, we welcome and consider qualified applicants regardless of gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. We encourage you to apply even if you believe that you do not meet all of the above criteria!
For San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment.