Meta (formerly Facebook) (501+ Employees, 34% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
We are entering a new era of networking and internet connectivity. We are beginning to move away from phone and tablets as the only medium of connecting people to a world of immersive experiences created around AR and VR and the next generation of connectivity and compute platforms. Meta is leading this change and is pioneering every aspect of the change ranging from technology development to collaboration with telecom industry to ensure connectivity will be ready for the immersive worlds of tomorrow. If you have passion for working with technology leaders, operators, CSPs, and other industry stakeholders to develop the future of networking and drive innovative and cutting-edge network infrastructure projects – then this is a great role for you. As a Connectivity Technologist focused on Access Networks Silicon, you will work closely with the Meta Connectivity team and the various industry players to develop next generation home access network technologies including DOCSIS, PON and Fixed Wireless Access (FWA) technologies. We are looking for an industry expert who questions the status quo and uses their strategic vision for the connectivity technology landscape to shape Meta’s efforts in networking domains. You will enable infrastructure solutions with the technology community bridging the gap to operators, drive deployments at scale and influence the industry at large.
Connectivity Technologies and Ecosystems Manager – Access Silicon Responsibilities:
- Track and influence silicon roadmaps to accelerate access connectivity for highly immersive experiences to bring the metaverse to life.
- Use deep industry expertise to question the status quo and have strategic vision for the connectivity technology landscape to shape Meta’s efforts in Access networking domains. Enable infrastructure solutions with the operator community, drive deployments at scale and influence the industry at large.
- Foster win-win partnerships between Meta and technology partner companies.
- Establish and develop personal and functional credibility as a trusted partner with key leaders of operators and technology partners specifically in the Silicon Ecosystem.
- Manage the relationship with technology partners to align product portfolios, roadmaps, identify the most impactful opportunities, help reduce friction and remove obstacles preventing technology readiness and market adoption.
- Be a trusted partner to Meta Connectivity’s development engineering teams to maximize the impact of our industry influence to align with engineering needs and impact of solutions engineering develops.
- Stay abreast of developments in the telecom domain including technology R&D, industry standards, use-cases and hardware/software evolution.
- Represent Meta in key industry consortia and events and share learnings internally with the wider engineering and partnership teams.
- Draft white papers, blog posts and create other collateral to share with the broader community with the goal to introduce and help drive adoption of Meta-driven technologies.
- Understand full duplex technologies in DOCSIS specifications and trade-offs between cost and ease of deployments as well as to specify future directions for cost effective, high bandwidth and bidirectional chipsets.
- Understand benefits of virtualization of Access networks and implement AI/ML algorithms for management of bandwidth allocation.
- Understanding of DOCSIS/PON/Wi-Fi technologies, system architecture, network design principles, partitioning of silicon and software technologies.
- 15+ years of experience in tech business development, product management, or as a manager/engineer in R&D, technical marketing, solutions architecture, product engineering or consultancy services in Access Networks.
- Understand protocol details of DOCSIS and PON to 1) define telemetry visibility points and metrics to be gathered from the network in order to determine quality of service metrics and 2) create specific priority queueing mechanisms for specific traffic flows.
- Fluency in English.
- Understand hardware level bottlenecks including buffering, queueing and collision mechanisms inside silicon devices in networks to quantify latency and jitter choke points.
- Knowledge in any of the following areas: DOCSIS, PON, WFA, Core Network, Wi-Fi, Optical networking, IP/MPLS, carrier Ethernet, Internet peering, caching, edge computing, network slicing, telco process orchestration/automation, cloud use cases for telecom operator
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at [email protected]