Dell Technologies (501+ Employees, 8% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Consultant Systems Developer- 5G RAN
The Systems Development Team delivers next generation 5G products for a changing world. Working at the cutting-edge, we design and develop software for platforms, peripherals, applications, and diagnostics – all with the most advanced technologies, tools, software development methodologies and the collaboration of internal and external partners.
Join us to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact as a Consultant Systems Developer on our 5G RAN Team in Ottawa (Remote), Canada.
What you’ll Achieve
We’re excited to announce that we’re continuing to build our new 5G wireless O-RAN team from scratch and we’re looking for talented embedded software developers to take part. The team has multiple openings for key roles in a new high-powered Ottawa R&D team. As a Principal Systems Developer you will work with the software, hardware, product, and test teams to define requirements in different areas of RAN. If you enjoy working on a new product, new software, new team, deep desire to learn and collaborate with others, then we want to hear from you.
- Contribute to the architecture of a 5G gNB with additional team leadership and coaching responsibilities.
- Convert 3GPP specifications into architectural requirements for various teams.
- Author requirements, algorithms, and/or architecture documents for 5G RAN products.
- Keep up to date with various activities in O-RAN and architect RAN system keeping it aligned with O-RAN.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of test strategies for 5G products and systems.
- Work on and develop simulation models/methods for performance analyses and simulation of 5G RAN.
- Key contributor in creating differentiators for Dell 5G RAN products.
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
- Knowledge and working experience in radio networks (LTE and/or 5G), 3GPP and/or O-RAN architectures
- Knowledge and working experience with 3GPP and/or O-RAN specifications
- Knowledge of IP and Ethernet, performance optimization techniques and methods, and its applications to wireless networks
- Experience with requirements on system and network element level
- Knowledge of agile development methods
- Typically requires 12+ years of related experience with a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or similar field; or 8 + years with a master’s degree; or 5+ years with a PhD; or equivalent combination of relevant education and experience
- Knowledge or professional experience with any of the following: 4G/5G radio features, 4G/5G baseband silicon(s)/SoC, large-scale system simulators, being able to make necessary modifications to conduct performance analysis for new concept algorithm design including performance evaluation, enhancements, and optimization, 5G/4G algorithms and associated Protocols; Linux expert, DPDK, NETCONF/YANG and FCAPS in 3GPP/O-RAN.
- Experience with one or more of the following: 5G/4G L2L3 algorithms / protocols / architectures, Network slicing, BWP, Carrier Aggregation System level simulations (e.g. with C/C++, ns/3, Matlab), Industrial IoT, URLLC, TSN
Here’s our story; now tell us yours
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We’re proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What’s most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life — while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn’t stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what’s next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here .
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Equal Employment Opportunity Policy here .
Dell Canada Inc. (“Dell”) is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve, and creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach her/his potential. We welcome applications from: women, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, ethnic minorities, visible minorities, and others who may contribute to diversification.
As part of our commitment to accessibility for all persons with disabilities, Dell will, upon the request of the applicant, provide accommodation during the recruitment process to ensure equal access to applicants with disabilities. If you are selected for an interview and you need accommodation, please contact your recruiter.