Ernst & Young (501+ Employees, 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
EY Knowledge helps EY to win in the market by providing the right insights and analysis at the right time through an agile, client-first organization. In support of this vision, this analyst position will provide deep insights and perspectives on high priority areas of focus for the Global Consumer sector to EY stakeholders and partners worldwide, identifying opportunities for EY products and services and mentoring junior analysts to develop their commercial and analytic skills.
The Consumer Knowledge Analyst is responsible for providing impactful analysis and insight in Consumer Products, Retail, and Agribusiness, in accordance with the key priorities, including:
- Developing market facing thought leadership, point of views and analysis
- Working closely with market segments on delivering value to accounts
- Creating distinctive insights to support development, packaging and commercialization of priority solutions
- Supporting the creation of sector and subsector trends decks within the team
- Contributing towards regional, service-line and sector strategy
The Global Consumer Analyst role will combine strong analytical skills and a strategic mindset with real-world perspectives driven by an understanding of client issues and broader marketplace drivers.
The Global Consumer Knowledge Analyst will work closely with the Global Consumer Knowledge Leadership team as well as the wider analyst and Knowledge Management teams to support the Consumer Leadership team as well as other senior stakeholders by providing impactful analysis, insight and research to help EY differentiate itself in the marketplace. The Global Consumer Analyst will also work closely with other business insights and knowledge specialists in different sectors, service lines and geographies to deliver impactful and cross-cutting topics and initiatives.
The Global Consumer Knowledge Analyst plays a key role in supporting EY’s leaders and practitioners in achieving impact and traction on their highest priorities.
Key responsibilities include:
- Collaborating with Knowledge colleagues to drive greater impact across EY’s Areas (Americas, EMEIA, APAC), Industry Markets (Automotive, Consumer, Energy, Government, Health, Private Equity, Technology) and Service Lines (Assurance, Consulting, Strategy & Tax) and convening groups across EY around common issues.
- Providing deep analytical insight and understanding on a range of priorities with responsibility for the execution of strategic and complex initiatives in line with the annually created knowledge plan.
- Engaging with and challenging a wide range of EY stakeholders to provide commercial and provocative perspectives on issues, challenges and opportunities facing the consumer sector.
- Developing and co-creating insights (beyond publicly available information), interacting with Knowledge colleagues, account teams, service line colleagues, clients and external networks to incorporate proprietary knowledge and, where possible, developing proprietary data sets to evidence a differentiated point of view.
Skills and attributes for success:
- Deep understanding and experience of the issues, trends and drivers within Retail, Consumer Products and Agribusiness critical to achieving EY’s priorities in the Global Consumer Knowledge team and what the future might hold
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to develop a considered point of view
- Minimum 5 years of experience in strategy, business analysis, industry research, management consulting or business performance, advising organizations in the Consumer sector
- Have strong commercial acumen, connecting marketplace opportunities to EY’s products and services with a commercial mindset and enjoy collaborating with colleagues across the globe in a multicultural and virtual environment
- Have experience in interacting with business leaders, leading conversations and offering differentiating perspectives, comfortable working with senior stakeholders and interfacing with stakeholders and internal customers at different levels of seniority
- Previous experience of working on sector databases such as Factiva, CapIQ, Euromonitor and open databases such as World Bank. The person should possess an excellent understanding of the key sources for Consumer market data in general.
- Previous Social media listening / analysis experience
- Capable of putting individual projects/initiatives into a “big picture” context and credible experience working in a fast-moving, client-centric environment.
- Proficient in English with well-structured oral and written communications skills; able to explain difficult concepts in a clear and concise manner, using appropriate analytics and visualization tools
- Ability to take ownership for delivering customized projects with a degree of autonomy; adept at leading several projects simultaneously
- Collaborative and able to work well as part of a global and geographically dispersed multidisciplinary and multicultural team
- Advanced skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft Teams, Power BI. Good experience with large sets of data sets. Experience with data modelling, data analytics, and various data management tools is a plus.
- Comfortable with occasional travel and working flexible hours, across multiple time zones.
What we look for
Someone who will thrive on partnering with the Consumer Knowledge stakeholders to create distinctive insights and perspectives on issues, challenges and opportunities. A trusted business advisor willing to work collaboratively in helping frame the strategy and go-to-market approach.
What we offer
As part of this role, you’ll work in a highly integrated, global team with the opportunity and tools to grow, develop and drive your career forward. Here, you can combine global opportunity with flexible working. The EY benefits package goes above and beyond too, focusing on your physical, emotional, financial and social well-being. Your recruiter can talk to you about the benefits available in your country. Here’s a snapshot of what we offer:
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
Please apply to this role only through the ‘Apply’ link (not through the local office). Your application will then be routed to the appropriate recruiting team.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.