You: A Content Editor eager to contribute to the continued growth and development of the Linktree brand by editing and assigning content for our blog. You have an understanding of SEO best practices, strong writing and editing skills, and the ability to make tech advice relatable and compelling. You are comfortable reaching out to talent, editing for different languages, interviewing experts, and take accuracy very seriously.
This role reports to the SEO & Content Director and will be focused on helping to oversee the day-to-day content of the blog, shaping the Linktree voice, and managing a team of freelance writers.
Linktree: Linktree is the market-leading social linking platform. In 2020 alone we grew from 3 to 10 million users (now over 13 million!) and that number is going up by 30,000 a day. The platform enables brands, artists, publishers, agencies, creators and small businesses to curate an online ecosystem, instantly guiding their audience to the destinations that they care about.
This role will be remote from anywhere in the US (with a slight preference for East Coast time zone) We currently have 8 team members based in the US spread across, New York, LA and Pittsburgh and hopes for an office in LA later in 2021, once Covid allows it.
In this role you will:
- Oversee a team of freelance writers contributing daily blog posts
- Work with SEO & Content Lead to ideate content that helps the company hit traffic goals, acquire new users, educate readers, and drive conversions
- Recruit, manage, and grow a team of talented freelance writers, including evaluating writing and editing tests, setting rates, and tracking invoices
- Manage and edit content from writers for the Linktree blog focused on brand news, product features, influencers, tech tutorials, and industry trends
- Copy-edit pages across the Linktree website on an as needed basis
- Adhere to and apply SEO best practices when editing freelance content
With others you will also:
- Make decisions on photo, video, and design visuals to support blog posts
- Adapt copy into digestible content for social media channels and various platforms
- Pitch story ideas and content packages for the blog and social media channels
- Track and report data and trends to create data-driven content recommendations
- Make creative decisions while understanding the business needs and analytics goals
- 4+ years of editorial experience, ideally as an editor within a digital publication/website
- Excellent writing, grammar, and editing/copy editing skills
- SEO writing and editing experience, including optimizing content for search engines, keyword research, and link building
- A demonstrated interest in social media and technology
- Familiarity with basic data analytics
- Experience recruiting and managing a team of freelance writers
We hire with a people-first approach, so more importantly as a human, you will be collaborative, curious, enjoy solving complex problems and have empathy for the growing pains of a rapidly scaling startup.
Linktree’s company culture and values are based around collaboration, diversity, inclusion, and flexibility. Those are all nice words but to give you some more specific examples:
- We are a family-friendly and flexible work environment with our team with a number of our team working hours around school and home commitments.
- We have several diversity and inclusion initiatives underway, including a D&I council, training for all staff on neurodiversity, unconscious bias and the incorporation of a transgender inclusion policy.
- Our team is diverse across age, gender, and race and we are very proud of that.
- All Linktree staff work either fully remote or a hybrid remote and in-office sometimes and that will continue even when COVID is behind us
- Linktree contributes up to AUD $1,000 (or foreign equivalent) towards the set up of your home work-station for each employee
- We prioritise our team’s mental health, with all employees have free access to Smiling Mind & Uprise, including 1:1 coaching sessions from qualified psychologists or counsellors.
- All Linktree staff receive $1000 towards setting up their work from home space
The Linktree story:
The Linktree journey begins in 2016 when co-founders Alex, Anthony and Nick were running a digital agency and using Instagram to make announcements about the artists they managed. Created as a side hustle to solve a simple problem, Linktree has well outgrown its roots, with over 13 million users worldwide, 30,000 + new signups every day, and over 120 million unique views per month. Paired with rapid growth, Linktree has recently garnered much attention in the tech world, earning 4th place on Fast Company’s “10 most innovative social media companies of 2020”.
In March 2021, Linktree raised $45 million in Series B Funding led by Index Ventures and Coatue on top of our Series A with Insight Partners and AirTree. The funding will be used to expand headcount globally, develop product features and go towards making Linktree the best possible place to work for our staff.
The Linktree audience is broad, spanning publications, artists, celebrities, fashion and beauty influencers, YouTube stars, sports teams and household brands, right the way through to individuals with a side hustle and micro-influencers. Linktree subscribers include TikTok, Facebook, ClassPass, Patreon, Zapier, Katy Perry, Selena Gomez, Pharrell, Jamie Oliver, HBO, Red Bull, Adult Swim, Cara Delevingne, Comedy Central, Gordon Ramsay, Billabong…and many more!