Uscreen (51-200 Employees, 300% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
A powerful video monetization platform helping creators all around the world monetize videos online.
We have been a 100% remote-first company since 2014. Our headquarters are in Washington DC.
About The Role:
This person will support our existing Content Marketing Lead by splitting the workload and expediting delivery, focusing roughly 70% of the time on creating various pieces of content, from blog articles and video scripts, to ebooks and downloadables. The remaining 30% will be split between managing and editing contributing articles, with a small piece allocated for some miscellaneous tasks and team meetings.
This is a full-time remote position, and is not suited for a digital nomad lifestyle. We require a steady internet connection and a mandatory overlap of working hours with the rest of the team.
- 3+ years of experience writing (with writing samples to support)
- 1+ years of experience managing content
- Experience in SaaS (as a writer, editor, or content manager)
- Experience with SEO writing and keyword research
- Experience writing/editing scripts for videos and podcasts
- Experience working with WordPress
- Basic knowledge of Google Analytics
- An impeccable sense of grammar, spelling, and punctuation (American English)
- Creative writing style and ability to generate excitement in a copy (take a potato and turn it into Pringles)
- Genuine interest in the online video market
- A fully functioning workstation and a quiet place to work (with their own laptop)
- Able to overlap at least 4 hours with our distributed team: from 6 AM to noon ET
- An intuitive writer and communicator
- Quick to learn and able to understand audiences
- Able to work independently
- Native or near-native English speaker
- Confident decision-maker who bases decisions on hard evidence and numbers (‘Trust me bro’ doesn’t count)
- Overall a kind and fun person
Ideal Candidate (not required):
- Experience writing/editing scripts for videos and podcasts is good to have but not a disqualifier
- Degree or relevant experience in Marketing Communication, Journalism, or similar
- Experience in OTT or video industry in general (Nice to have but not a deal-breaker)
- Good sense of content trends
- Ability to predict and identify gaps in the market
- Working knowledge of WordPress
- Full-time (40 hours per week).
- 100% Remote – Work from anywhere (OK, almost anywhere…), as long as you are able to work your scheduled hours and attend team meetings.
- 20 paid days off per year (eligible after your first 90-days)
- 2 Company Holidays
- Remote Office Equipment Reimbursement (up to $500 USD)
- Budget for personal development
- Co-working stipend (based on location/need/safety due to global pandemic)
How to apply:
- Click on the Apply Button and fill in the form
- We review the applications and email candidates who qualify for the second round
- The qualified candidates will be asked to do a test task: usually a video of yourself answering a few questions
- After we review the submissions, we will organize a Skype interview with the successful candidates
Uscreen is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, or genetic information.
The determination to move applicants forward in our hiring process will be based on how the candidates’ skills, qualifications, knowledge, and experience meet the requirements of the position as outlined in this job posting.
Please note that due to the large number of applications received, that we are thrilled about, we are only able to respond to qualified candidates at this time. Should you be selected to move forward in the recruiting process you will be notified within 2-weeks of your submission.