Meta (formerly Facebook) (501+ Employees, 34% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Meta seeks a highly motivated team player to serve as Control Design & Implementation Manager within the second line of defense. This person will support the strategy, development and documentation of the system of controls across Legal, as well as work with functions within the business and operations to design and implement controls, including help document and manage a Control Library across several compliance domains and programs. The right candidate will have broad knowledge in compliance domains such as Competition, Trade Operations and EH&S, will have experience in risk assessments process and execution, and will advise and partner with the leads of the new Legal Obligation team to ensure robust control strategies and frameworks for compliance with upcoming regulatory requirements.This is a great opportunity to join a growing compliance and risk management team to work on novel issues in an exciting, fast-paced environment.
Control Design & Implementation Manager Responsibilities:
- Work closely with key stakeholders throughout Legal and Operations to understand the overall business environment, processes and procedures to design, document and maintain systems of controls across the Legal functions in accordance with control strategies and frameworks.
- Responsible for building and maintaining the Control Library and Catalog of Controls and ensure coordination and ultimate long-term integration with Compliance verticals.
- Provide training, guidance and support on developing educational material over control documentation, maintenance, and control quality test validation to control owners.
- Ensure stakeholders such as Validation & Monitoring incorporate new controls and/or updates to controls into ongoing testing.
- Ensure strong connection and alignment with risk assessments team and consider results for the development of controls and proper risk mitigation actions.
- Maintain strong communication with other groups, including other Compliance leaders, during all facets of interactions, including issue resolution.
- Support the development and implementation strategy for the systems of controls for functions within Legal, including new legal obligations.
- Act as an agent for positive change with agility, adaptability, and flexibility. Embrace change and welcome different viewpoints to solve problems.
- Support projects across the three lines of defense and with various lines of business (e.g. operations, data, technology, regulatory compliance, internal audit).
- Be a pivotal resource to evaluate and support tracking of risks, laws, rules and regulations and ensure compliance by build and advise on robust Control creation and implementation.
- Provide support to the compliance program on other compliance initiatives, as needed.
- 8+ years of experience in a compliance/risk/audit-related practice, including design controls and control systems.
- 5+ years of experience designing and implementing systems of controls.
- Experience in risk management, compliance, legal or other control-related functions in regulated industries, such as financial services, energy, technology, regulatory organization, public accounting, audit or consulting firm, or a combination thereof.
- Experience in the area of control automation with experience standing up continuous monitoring within an organization.
- Experience providing practical advice under pressure and prioritizing work.
- Interpersonal experience and experience collaborating with diverse teams to solve problems.
- Experience contributing at both the strategic and tactical level, focused in collaboration and leading by influence.
- Experience collaborating with partners across multiple disciplines and functions.
- Experience leading projects and strong foundation in project management.
- Experience using GRC tools/software.
- Understanding, empathy and awareness of business and process owners’ needs.
- Experience at internet, technology, or telecommunications companies.
- Experience working on a variety of legal and compliance areas such as anti-corruption, conflicts, competition, political activities, trade control, environmental health and safety, payments, trust and safety, and/or supply chain management matters.
- Experience collaborating with partners across multiple disciplines and functions, working with or in support of diverse communities.
- Analytical thinker with an outcome-based approach and possess prioritization skills to deliver on time.
- Excellent communication skills, including experience articulating ideas clearly and concisely.
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at [email protected]