Bitso (201-500 Employees, 320% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Bitso is Mexico’s first Bitcoin exchange, offering a platform for trading of Bitcoin with Mexican Peso.
The Controller position is very senior position and one with a lot of responsibility in the finance team. The Controller will be in charge of overseeing the Treasury, Accounting & Tax, and Procurement teams within the finance area. It will be fully accountable for a fully compliant operation in the three fronts, making sure areas are coordinated, with processes and controls being implemented and followed. The Controller is an operative role where the main responsibility is maintaining the business up and running making sure day to day activities are performed in a high quality, timely and efficient manner. The Controller will be the key decision maker and accountable party to implement processes and controls across our operational-finance areas that lead to a larger scale institutionalization of the company.
- Overseeing the Treasury, Accounting & Tax, and Procurement teams within the finance area
- Accountable for a fully compliant operation in the three fronts, making sure areas are coordinated, with processes and controls being implemented and followed
- Main responsibility is maintaining the business up and running making sure day to day activities are performed in a high quality, timely and efficient manner
- Implement processes and controls across our operational-finance areas that lead to a larger scale institutionalization of the company
- Work with Treasury to have an efficient cash flow management across all denominations and jurisdictions
- Work together with the People team to ensure the right implementation of their processes and requirements from the Treasury, Procurement and A&T teams perspectives
- Supervise the correct implementation of the procurement processes across the organization
- Holding the Accounting & Tax teams accountable for the fully compliant operations on all jurisdictions where we operate
Who you are:
- Education: Degree in Accounting, Business or Finance
- At least 10 years of proven experience in finance, accounting, treasury or controllership roles
- Prior experience working for a multinational company
- Prior experience working for a US public company
- English language proficiency in both verbal and written form is a must
- High attention to detail, organization and proactiveness
Bitso is Latin America’s leading cryptocurrency platform. Our goal is to evolve how we think about and use money. We believe that we should all have the opportunity to use our money whenever we want it, and how we want it, without boundaries or schedules. To achieve this, we provide individuals with fast, cheap, seamless and user-friendly financial services powered by blockchain technology.
Cryptocurrencies do not rely on intermediaries to give them legitimacy or value. Instead, they are valuable because of the peer-to-peer technology that powers them. We firmly believe in crypto and the use cases it has. It’s time for the world to upgrade to a fair, open, transparent, and global financial system for all. #makecryptouseful.
Visit us at https://bitso.com/
Bitso promotes an environment where people are treated fairly and with respect, free of discrimination, bullying, harassment, violence or threats.
- Purpose: You’ll be part of something bigger, working towards financial disruption and inclusion across Latin America.
- Culture: You’ll work in a thriving, friendly, and fun environment that promotes open discussions, jokes, learning, video games, and lots of fun.
- People: You’ll work with some of the most driven and intelligent people in the crypto space, engaging with a network of diverse talent from 25+ nationalities bound by our quest to #makecryptouseful.
- Salary: We pay competitively in the countries where we operate.
- Venue: Work from wherever you want, work asynchronously; this role is fully remote to give you maximum freedom.
- Unlimited Paid Time-Off: You choose your number of days off. Recharge batteries and enjoy who you are outside the office
- This role is expected to work remotely.
- These are the applicable requisites, although equivalent competencies in any of the above will also be considered.