- 100% Remote Work
- Work with CEO
- Have a Major Impact on Company Performance
- Competitive Salary & Perks
- Health Benefits
- Unlimited PTO
- Anywhere in the United States, Pacific or Mountain Time Preferred
90 Day Objectives
- Provide three major recommendations to move the company forward in a meaningful and profitable way
- Build out a dashboard to track key metrics and trends by product by week
- Implement robust financial controls in the business
- Build out our reporting functionality (financial reporting and managerial/KPI based reporting)
- Create process maps and recommend improvements to the business’ critical processes
Key Performance Indicators
- Net Income
- Advertising Spend as % of Revenue
- Labor Cost as % Revenue
- Year-over-year revenue growth
- Year-over-year net income growth
What We’re About
Durabasics is a fast growing United States e-commerce company with the mission to improve people’s lives through simple, high quality and affordable products.
Durabasics, founded in 2017, has seen tremendous growth and is looking to expand. The company sells a variety of consumer goods products in varying categories, such as home and kitchen, industrial and scientific, and office products.
Our small and highly efficient team is located around the world. We currently have two employees here in the United States and three full time independent contractors overseas — all working remotely.
What’s the Role
As the COO, you will have a tremendous impact on driving Durabasics’ future growth. You will work closely with the founder/CEO to help us implement our 5 Year Plan and grow 50% annually for the next five years. We are on the lookout for an experienced and strategic leader who knows how to execute with, manage and scale a small, lean team.
You’re an ideal fit for this role if you love creating and running a well-oiled machine. You are excited by the prospect and challenge of running and scaling Durabasics’ day-to-day operations. You come into this role with a strong business acumen and a strong grasp of business fundamentals. You understand our business and have a strong values-alignment with how we plan to scale and grow our company. You are not looking for a role where everything is figured out for you — you thrive in environments where there is ambiguity and relish the opportunity to critically think, structure your analysis and solve problems. You understand the importance of balancing business objectives and operational excellence.
Before reading on, if you answer NO to any of the below bullets, please close this browser window!
- Do you consider yourself entrepreneurial?
- Are you wildly resourceful?
- Do you figure sh*t out via whatever means necessary (Google, YouTube, book, phone a friend)?
- Ever just roll up your sleeves and get the work done yourself?
- Get sh*t done all the time and wherever you go?
- Can you translate vision and strategy into tactical action?
- Consider constant streams of directions/tasks to be synonymous with ‘not doing your job’?
- Know how to get approval for projects and actions and then run like the wind to get them done?
- Find yourself becoming an expert in areas you previously had little to no knowledge?
What We Are Looking For
- You thrive in early stage environments and have significant experience driving company-wide processes and managing execution through large teams at other startups
- You know how to build, manage and inspire great teams at scale
- You are a manager of execution — a system and process builder, a driver of accountability at scale
- You are a dynamic and obsessively detail-oriented leader
- You are excited and energized by our work culture and shared values
- You thrive in a fast-paced and deadline driven environment, are organized, independent and understanding that priorities/projects can and will shift
- You are thorough and detail oriented. Please email me at evan @ durabasics . com with your resume and cover letter. Use the word ‘platypus’ in the email subject line to be considered for the role
- You are energized by a startup environment that involves getting your hands dirty across a variety of tasks to get the job done
- You are someone who craves and seeks out learning new things, including constant experimenting to optimize different parts of the business
What You’ll Do
- Oversight of day-to-day operations and productivity – You will lead and manage all major department heads (Product Development, Supply Chain, & Marketing) to ensure quality work is delivered on time, deadlines are understood, and the entire organization is communicating and coordinating. You will be problem solving and will need to make thoughtful and data-informed decisions on a daily basis
- Own the P&L – Faithfully executes the business plan, achieving or exceeding planned P&L objectives
- Create Accountability – Leads, manages, and holds the entire team accountable for achieving agreed-upon commitments
- Collaborates Effectively with CEO – Effectively turn ideas into realistic and actionable plans for the team to execute
- Keep Organization Focused – Keep the organization focused on the key drivers of revenue, margin, and profit
- Build out Durabasics’ people, processes and technology stack – You will work with the CEO to build out the company’s resources to meet our objective of profitably growing by 50% each year in a systematic way
- Launch new products – You will partner closely with the Product Development team to launch new products and product lines to meet our goals
- Optimize and maintain current product lines – You will closely monitor existing products to ensure they continue to perform to their fullest potential, maintain profitability and keep/gain market share. Troubleshoot issues that arise within Amazon Sellercentral (changing detail pages, opening support tickets with Amazon, calling Amazon Seller Support to help, etc)
- Project Management – Keeps projects organized, on track, on time and on budget. Sets realistic milestones and works with team to consistently meet targets
What You’ll Bring
- Minimum of 5+ years relevant Senior Management or C-Suite experience running complex operations for a CPG or product based ecommerce company
- Bachelor’s Degree required, MBA or other advanced degree preferred
- Proven ability to build and lead teams
- A strong business acumen, critical thinking, and ability to analyze problems thoroughly using a combination of quantitative and qualitative methods (i.e. modeling in Excel combined with a general understanding of business principles and best practices)
- Strong experience in many of the following areas:
- Proven leadership ability
- Organizational development
- Team building
- Developing infrastructure for systems and processes
- E-commerce (Amazon or other marketplace experience preferred)
- Marketing operations (the business and process side of marketing)
- Systems implementation and maintenance
- Data analysis
- Fluent in Microsoft Office and Google Suite (with an emphasis in Excel and modeling)
- An appetite for hands-on work while also managing a small team as we grow
- Extremely detail oriented with a keen sense of organization
- Experience and comfort working in a deadline driven environment
- KPI driven and deadline oriented
- Strong written, visual and oral communication skills
- Strong curiosity and appetite for learning and growing
- Amazon Seller Central experience preferred
- Experience working in an EOS organization preferred