Placemakr (51-200 Employees, 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Placemakr is a venture-backed startup on a mission to change the future of hospitality and home. With properties in three cities (and many more coming!) we operate a platform that allows buildings to blur the line between hotels and apartments. Our platform is an all-in-one solution which includes property operations, customer acquisitions, and the tech stack to operate with more flexibility than any other company in the market. Our tech-enabled buildings create a one-of-a-kind guest experience and tremendous value in the underlying real estate. Whether a guest or resident is with us for three days or three years, these are more than just spaces to spend the night—they are a place to call home.
Our property team members focus on bringing our business to life at each of our buildings with a focus on execution, and resident and guest experience. Our non-property team members focus on supporting property execution and the evolution of the other areas of the platform. The non-property roles are remote-first with the option to work out of our DC or SF offices. We think in-person collaboration and bonding is extremely important, so our remote-first team members participate in quarterly in-person retreats with their teams at various locations across the U.S.
As a Copywriter, your mission is to bring the brand voice to life across various company initiatives.
- In this role, you will develop and implement the brand voice that builds the Placemakr brand and drives brand consistency across all company communications.
- You will leverage your writing skills to produce content across various media channels, including marketing, advertising, blog, email, social, web, collateral, presentations, etc.
- You will leverage your proofreading and editing expertise to ensure high editorial standards are met across all content outputs.
- You will use your communication skills to collaborate with your team members on copy needs to ensure the strategy is met.
- You write and edit both long and short-form, branded content.
- You will partner with our agencies, web developers, vendors, and contractors on copy direction.
- And, of course, you will use your project management skills to ensure projects are completed with high-quality output on time and within budget.
- Additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- You’re smart!
- You have your bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, marketing, or a related field.
- You’ve done this before. You have a portfolio of work that showcases your word skills. Bonus if you have past agency experience. Double bonus if you have experience writing both DTC and B2B copy.
- You’re a grammar geek and word whiz. You have excellent written communication skills and a passion for punctuation.
- You can communicate complex ideas in a clear and compelling way.
- You’re curious. You constantly examine best-in-class brands’ use of copy.
- You’re passionate about building brands through stellar headlines and emotive copy.
- You’re innovative. You find new and captivating ways to communicate new ideas.
- You have time management skills and the ability to meet deadlines.
- You’re able to give and receive feedback in a highly collaborative environment.
- You’re a strategic problem solver.
- You’re a team player – partnering with creative team members and partners to build best-in-class creative.
- You love fast-paced, collaborative, sometimes ambiguous environments
Benefits & Perks
- Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance
- Competitive Pay
- Performance Bonuses
- Generous Stock Options
- 401k + 4% employer matching program
- Unlimited PTO
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Cell phone Reimbursement
- Discounts to stay at select Placemakr properties
- Life Insurance
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Remote-first policy
If you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, we still encourage you to apply!
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Placemakr values diversity of all kinds, and is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of all different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.