Hopin (201-500 Employees, 1000% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Hopin is a virtual events platform designed to connect distributed communities.
At Hopin, we’re reimagining virtual events.
As the first all-in-one virtual venue for live online events, Hopin brings people together in a highly interactive and engaging online experience that feels just like an in-person event, only without the barriers. Whether it’s a 50-person meetup, or a 50,000-person conference—any type of event organizer can host a Hopin event for their attendees, speakers, sponsors, and vendors to convene, learn, and interact face-to-face online. We’re spearheading the innovative technology that is enabling people to gather online like never before.
Our mission is simple: better connections for a better planet.
We believe in events without limits, but events that are sustainable and accessible to everyone—and fun, too! To do this, we need passionate builders and storytellers to join us. Do you love people and technology and the magic that happens when they converge at scale? Do you have the skills and experience we’re looking for to better serve our clients? If so, we’d like to meet.
We’ve been recently funded by a16z, General Catalyst, IVP, Accel, DFJ Growth, Northzone, Coatue, Tiger Global, Salesforce Ventures and many other high profile investors.
- Advise on a range of corporate matters, including securities filings, M&A, financings, corporate governance, equity plans and programs, and executive compensation matters.
- Partner with our Senior Corporate Counsel and the Corporate Development team on all corporate development activities, from transaction structuring and term sheet negotiation, to due diligence, definitive agreement negotiation, and post-closing integration.
- Support corporate administration and governance efforts, including compliance with relevant international, federal, and state laws and subsidiary establishment and administration.
- Support Board and Committee meetings and other governance initiatives and filings.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with Corporate Development, Finance (tax and accounting), HR, senior leadership and other members of the Hopin team
- Partner with the Commercial legal team and Business Operations team on other strategic transactions as needed
- Manage and partner with outside counsel.
- JD degree and a member in good standing of the local bar association.
- 5+ years combined full-time experience at a major US law firm. Previous experience in-house is not required.
- US capital markets experience advising software technology companies pre- and post-IPO strongly preferred.
- Experience of general corporate, securities, and corporate governance matters also required.
- Excellent judgment and communication skills, with strong attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Flexible and able to organize, prioritize and complete multiple priorities and projects (internally and externally) in a fast-paced environment.
- Thrives in an environment where you need to roll up your sleeves and own outcomes.
- Collaborative team player with excellent interpersonal skills and a good sense of humor.
- Ability to issue spot and learn quickly and take on challenging new projects with enthusiasm.
- Competitive salary
- Fully remote, global team
- Flexible schedules
- Laptop assigned, Mac or Dell (Windows)
- Health Insurance Support
- Parental Leave
- Monthly Wi-Fi stipend
- $800 USD for Home-Office set up
- $1500 USD for Learning & Development
At Hopin, we’re committed to cultivating an environment that promotes equality, diversity, and inclusion. We are a global community and we believe our unique qualities must be celebrated as they are critical to our innovation. It’s essential to us that you bring your authentic self to work every single day, no matter your age, ethnicity, religion, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, neurodiversity, or otherwise. Inclusion isn’t just an initiative at Hopin. We strive to embed it not just into our core values but throughout our entire ecosystem.