About Linden Lab
Linden Lab develops platforms that empower people to create, share, and benefit from virtual experiences. Founded in 1999, the company first launched Second Life, the groundbreaking virtual world enjoyed by millions around the globe, in 2003, which has since gone on to boast nearly two billion user creations and a vibrant $500 million (USD) economy.
Linden Lab, a pioneer in the creation of virtual worlds, has been in business since 2003 and is best known for “Second Life”, the world’s largest user-generated economy.
The Customer Account Operations team within our Customer Support organization is responsible for governance issues, fraud, Second Life Skill Gaming policy enforcement, and Second Life Marketplace policies, as well as customer outreach for any of these areas.
The team partners with our Customer Service, Risk Management, Legal and Operations teams to shape and enforce the policy and technology decisions that govern the community.
- Proactively monitor and enforce the Second Life Terms of Service including abuse prevention and consumer protections.
- Review activities related to online user safety including child protection, risk mitigation, account security, and abuse prevention, as well as abuse appeals.
- Escalation of potential fraudulent activity to Risk Management/AML for review
- Provide support for the Second Life Marketplace product by reviewing reported content and taking appropriate actions; escalating concerns of questions to Manager when appropriate
- Provide feedback on Resident flows and other aspects to the product team.
- Collaborate with Concierge Support and Land Operations teams to address sensitive customer issues
- Serve as point of escalation for complex or unusual billing issues
- Drive ongoing improvements to customer satisfaction.
- Other duties and special projects may be assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Excellent communication skills including; verbal, written and listening.
- Strong organizational skills, able to multitask, work under pressure and communicate with multiple individuals at once.
- Strong analytical skills to assess the root cause of the problem and drive towards an appropriate solution.
- Patience and the ability to understand the unique needs of our Residents and provide solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team, to integrate with others and to show personal initiative when called for.
- A well-developed sense of humor, a thick skin and a positive outlook are all good traits to have.
- Flexibility to work weekends, evenings and non-traditional hours.
- A second language is an advantage (particularly German, Chinese, Spanish, Japanese, French, Korean or Italian).
- High school diploma required; college degree or some college preferred, but willing to consider candidates with commensurate work experience.
- Minimum 1 year experience in customer support or a related field
- Experience in the gaming industry is a plus
- Past experience with Fraud, Abuse and Governance highly desired.
No travel required
Physical Demands & Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use the computer and communicate with coworkers in an office environment. The employee frequently is required to stand or sit to complete work and may occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
Linden Lab seeks to maintain a diverse and welcoming workplace; therefore candidates from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees in this job. They are not intended to be construed, as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.