OpenTable (501+ Employees, 2% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
OpenTable is passionate about restaurants – serving the restaurant industry is part of our origin story, and we continue to be committed to helping restaurants create incredible hospitality experiences. We are increasing our investment in our restaurant marketing efforts, and are excited to find the right marketing talent to join us in connecting with our valued restaurant community!
We are looking for someone to take a leading role in growing our restaurant retention & engagement marketing efforts. Reporting to the Director of Restaurant Engagement, you will be a key player on the Restaurant Engagement Marketing team, taking a thoughtful and analytical approach to improving restaurant engagement, loyalty, retention and advocacy across the entire restaurant lifecycle. You will be a strategic voice at the table, helping us to communicate our broader restaurant marketing strategy and tactics in line with company objectives and how to get there.
This is a highly collaborative role, working in the Restaurant Engagement Marketing team (direct-to-restaurant messaging and communications) but also with cross-functional teams including Product Marketing, Sales, content & creative teams, and others across the company.
In this role, you will:
- Lead restaurant customer retention marketing, including early lifecycle education, product adoption, churn reduction and loyalty programs
- Establish and track retention KPIs that will correspond to OpenTable key results & objectives
- Lead end-to-end development and execution of multi-channel campaigns designed to increase retention, win back lapsed members, and drive overall business growth across our breadth of service offerings
- Drive and manage A/B and multivariate tests; deliver results and insights that fuel a continuous growth mindset
- Lead segmentation of OpenTable’s restaurant audience and partner with the Product Marketing team to design programs to attract, engage and nurture each segment
- Establish a strong understanding of the customer lifecycle and customer journey via intelligent segmentation
- Lead restaurant marketing campaigns, including: 1) for dedicated restaurant marketing campaigns, lead briefing, GTM strategy, channel planning, asset development, and KPI development and tracking; 2) Partner with product marketing to design and execute campaigns that drive continuous restaurant adoption and user engagement with the OpenTable restaurant platform
- In collaboration with our Content team, develop industry-leading “thought leadership” content and strategy, such as external-facing data & analysis reports on the state of the industry, diner surveys to glean useful insights for restaurants, and other data and insights analyses
- Help improve restaurants’ favorable perception of OpenTable (NPS score or similar)
- BA/BS degree required
- Prior experience in B2B marketing required, ideally in tech & hospitality space; minimum 5 years marketing experience
- Experience creating emails and HTML knowledge
- Experience launching automated email nurture campaigns and experience with marketing automation tools such as Eloqua, Marketo, HubSpot, Pardot, etc.
- Experience building lifecycle campaigns based on time and behavior based triggers
- Understanding of essential performance drivers and experience turning insights into successful tactics
- Strong analytical skills to identify data insights that will drive direction on business opportunities such as churn reduction
- Solid track record of forecasting and managing large promotional budgets to drive profitable business outcomes
- Efficient, highly productive multi-tasker who thrives in a fast-paced, rapidly changing “get it done” environment; comfortable with ambiguity, and setting direction out of ambiguity
- Proven success collaborating with cross-functional teams and implementing large scale projects
- Comfortable with insights & research methodologies, quantitative analysis (such as opportunity sizing, developing and establishing metrics), and channel strategy
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate technical concepts to multiple non-technical audiences
- Outstanding project management skills; results focused with superb execution and follow-through; highly attentive to detail
- Demonstrated leadership skills (direct (direct reports), indirect (leading by influence), and upward management); people oriented and collaborative
Diversity and Inclusion
We aspire to have a workplace that reflects all of the diverse communities we serve. We know that when we have diverse teams we produce more creative ideas, products, and better outcomes for our team members. OpenTable/KAYAK is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and we welcome and encourage candidates from all backgrounds and experiences to apply for roles on our team. Whoever you are, just be you.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform job responsibilities, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
OpenTable, part of Booking Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: BKNG), powers reservations for the hospitality industry. OpenTable’s software seats more than 1 billion people per year and helps more than 50,000+ restaurants, bars, wineries and other venues attract guests, manage capacity, improve operations and maximize revenue.
As an employee of OpenTable, you will be part of a global network that includes OpenTable and KAYAK’s portfolio of metasearch brands including momondo, Cheapflights, Swoodoo, checkfelix and Mundi. Many employees are dedicated to one brand, but we all have the benefit of leveraging each other’s strengths and insights—together, we’re able to help people experience the world through dining and travel.
Note for Connecticut Residents: To receive estimated salary range information for this role pursuant to Connecticut’s “An Act Concerning the Disclosure of Salary Range for a Vacant Position”, email [email protected] You must include the name of the position in your request.