Pulumi (51-200 Employees, 128% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
We are looking for a passionate Customer Experience Engineer to bring Pulumi’s cloud programming model to the world. You will be a part of realizing a vision where every developer can program the cloud.
As an early member of our Customer Experience team, you will assume immediate responsibilities in customer service delivery engagements, providing industry leading technical guidance and producing exemplary deliverables for cloud native and enterprise customers alike. This is a customer-facing engineering role where you will be working to facilitate and deliver successful cloud engineering project outcomes. Our Customer Experience team is focused on helping Pulumi Enterprise and Born in the Cloud customers rapidly execute and optimize their usage of Pulumi across all of their cloud projects and teams.
Expect to be challenged, learn, teach, and collaborate with a world class team of great people.
Pulumi is headquartered in Seattle, WA. This role is remotely based in the United States. We are committed to our remote workforce and building a cohesive team.
In This Job You Will:
- Demonstrate curiosity, creativity, acumen and technical excellence with Pulumi customers.
- Write quality code Pulumi code deliverables that can be immediately consumed in production scale, business critical cloud operations.
- Learn and be responsible for deliverables spanning programming languages, infrastructure providers, and open source and commercial cloud services.
- Act as a trusted advisor and an extension of some of the most sophisticated cloud and platform engineering teams in the world.
- Strive to become an expert in DevSecOps, cloud providers, development best practices and/or solutions architecture.
- Provide timely, responsive and collaborative engagement with your assigned accounts; coordinating with distributed teams to accomplish asynchronous objectives and tasks.
- Close the loop between customers, product, and engineering teams, championing the product to the customer, and bringing their requirements to the roadmap.
- Be challenged, solve new problems, teach about our technologies, and figure out new, better ways to delight our customers.
To Be Successful In This Role, You Have:
- 3+ years of experience in DevOps or highly relatable functions involving managing and executing on cloud architecture and engineering deliverables.
- 2+ years in a customer facing role managing both defined and undefined engineering projects and tasks.
- Familiarity with core web infrastructure, application modernization and software development best practices, Open Source technologies, public and private cloud platforms.
- Proficiency in using at least one Infrastructure-as-Code tool (eg. Pulumi, Terraform, AWS CDK), and should be comfortable authoring readable maintainable code in one or more of the following; Python, TypeScript, Go, Java, C#, .Net, F#
- Relentless focus on customer success and meeting the needs of present and future customers.
- Drive to creatively influence revenue and pride in the growth of the business channels.
- Experience building positive professional relationships with developers and executives.
- Impeccable written, verbal and in-person communication skills.
- Professionalism, attention to detail, and strong follow-up.
- Comfort working with ambiguity, charting a course, and driving to execute.
Pulumi is reimagining how developers and DevOps teams create and manage cloud software, through a unique combination of developer tools and system innovation. The company leads with an open source platform that embraces real programming languages, tools, and techniques, and offers an innovative SaaS product that helps team collaborate.
Pulumi was founded in 2017 by developer and cloud experts from many corners of our industry to deliver innovative approaches to cloud software development. Since emerging from stealth in mid-2018, we are accelerating our platform momentum and product adoption. The team is built on a culture of openness, diversity, respect, and thinking big.
At Pulumi, we don’t just accept difference, we look for it, celebrate it, support it, and thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our customers. Pulumi is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.