Circle (501+ Employees, 211% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Circle is building the modern community platform for every creator and brand in the world: think “Shopify for creator/brand-led communities”. We make it really easy for creators and brands to bring their discussions, members, and content all into one place. Circle is a product-led company, with thousands of paying customers.
The Customer Marketing Manager is a brand new role on our Customer Success team — and will be responsible for building the strategy, workflows and campaigns we need to help our existing customers find more value with our products in an automated way. Our all-in-one platform includes products that serve multiple jobs-to-be-done (i.e. live events, courses, conversational spaces, billing, etc.) and many customers don’t adopt all at once.
As a brand new role and function for us, we are looking for a candidate who is excited by and has the relevant experience to help us build our automated programs from the ground up. This will require a balance of rolling your sleeves up and building campaigns with limited data while also helping build the foundational structures (i.e. customer journey, data requests, measurement frameworks) to set us up for long-term success. In this role you’ll collaborate cross-functionally with our broader marketing, customer success and community teams who share the same goals alongside you.
This is a 100% remote role. We’re now a fully remote team of 65 (and growing!) based in the U.S., Colombia, Portugal, India, Argentina, Slovenia, and other countries. We have a preference for candidates in U.S. and European time zones.
Check out our Careers page for more information about us.
- Alongside product marketing & CS, develop Circle’s customer lifecycle stages and create strategic campaigns for each stage of the journey, which includes onboarding, engagement and retention.
- Create relevant, personalized and cohesive experiences for new customers across all of our channels, including email, in-app messaging, in-product onboarding (and other channels).
- Identify usage and tenure data to conceptualize, execute and measure campaigns and experiments that tie back to customer & business outcomes (expansion, upsell, adoption, minimize churn).
- Work closely with other stakeholders to integrate both triggered and targeted outreach campaigns to drive awareness and adoption of existing and new features being released.
- Establish a measurement framework in partnership with customer success, product marketing and revenue operations to measure impact of your programs.
- Bring a deep understanding of growth & optimization best practices, such as A/B testing, to conduct experiments, evaluate results, and build new campaigns to improve key measures.
- Work closely with our soon to be hired marketing lifecycle manager to evaluate tooling, coordinate campaigns and design our lifecycle marketing systems to scale with us.
Who we’re looking for
- 3-5+ years of experience in customer marketing, preferably at a SaaS company with high-volume of SMB customers
- A strategic thinker that can not only drive the strategy, but is equally as excited to draft and deliver on campaign execution.
- Direct experience configuring in-app & email marketing campaigns focused on product adoption and expansion
- You’re obsessive about data and metrics. You have a strong ability to look at email data, but also data across the other channels (like in-app messaging, product adoption, community engagement) and you know how to look at the holistic picture to inform opportunity.
- You’re a great communicator, detail-oriented and organized. The role will require significant cross-team collaboration, managing multiple projects and balancing deadlines.