D2L (501+ Employees, 39% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Remote – Canada or Remote – USA
You will lead critical efforts to generate customer insights and formulate strategies for telling our customers stories and developing customer champions in the industry.
D2L is a cloud company that is modernizing education and building the Future of Work. The old models of teaching and learning are in the midst of the largest transformation in history, and D2L is at the heart of that fundamental shift.
New models of teaching and learning enable a personalized, student-centric experience – and deliver improved retention, engagement, satisfaction, and results for learners of all ages – in schools, campuses, and companies.
D2L is disrupting the way the world learns, by providing the next generation learning environment and solutions to engage and inspire learners. And most importantly, by giving customers a platform that is easy, flexible, and smart. No other company provides a solution as robust and innovative as D2L.
D2L has had a singular mission for 20 years and is dedicated to that same mission in the years ahead: to transform the way the world learns – and by doing so, we will help improve human potential globally.
A member of our Talent Acquisition team reviews ALL of our applications – yes a real person reviews resumes! They are excited to read more about what amazing things you could add to D2L.
The mission of the Customer Marketing Manager is to lead critical efforts to generate customer insights and formulate strategies for telling our customer's stories and developing customer champions in the industry.
- Work directly with D2L customers to develop and publish customer summaries and success stories.
- Coordinate regularly with D2L’s Customer Success, Customer Engagement, Sales Account Management, Strategic Communications, Community, Leadership team, and other departments within Sales and Marketing.
- Enable internal and external messengers to help expand the D2L Champions program, increase customer reviews, and source and amplify customer stories through various channels.
- Be highly organized and able to manage several time-sensitive priorities at once.
- Manage the daily details with big picture thinking to ensure unique customer marketing experiences.
At a high-level:
- You will be responsible for the management and execution of D2L’s advocacy program and related customer marketing initiatives that will not only enhance the customer experience, but also help contribute toward increased retention and adoption, driving leads, and shortening the sales cycle.
- You will have a customer-centric view and understanding of our customer community and the topics and experiences that matter to them.
- Ensure customer marketing goals, messaging, deliverables, and tactics are clearly understood and achieved.
- You will be a cheerleader, striving to promote and amplify customer use cases and accomplishments, as well as spreading D2L cheer through every relationship.
- You will be a matchmaker, helping to connect customers to other customers to share their experiences and knowledge, and provide references.
- Apply your creativity and resourcefulness in amplifying D2L and customer stories, engaging clients, and driving customer and D2L brand awareness and momentum.
- Nurture and build relationships with customers, partners, and industry contacts.
- Stay current, and often ahead of the curve, on event customer marketing and advocacy and experience trends
- You will be passionate, creative, and detail oriented, and dedicated to providing superb customer service at every turn.
- Work with cross-functional teams and provide oversight to ensure core assets and content is built to enable internal and external messengers to help promote customers and their stories – on our website, PR, social, marketing assets, sales enablement, etc.
- Be a pivotal leader and contributor to D2L’s advocacy centre of excellence, staying updated on the latest trends and best practices, and collaborating with the team to establish standard procedures, continuously refine and improve.
- You understand that delivering results requires creativity, experimentation and sometimes learning from failure.
- You recognize it takes many touchpoints with the right message to build trust and develop relationships.
- You will use and share customer insights to develop creative ideas around how we can optimize Marketing content and programs.
- Find and prioritize high impact opportunities for enhancing customer visibility aligned with marketing themes and goals.
- Continue to develop customer advocacy concepts and successfully execute programs that align with overall customer marketing strategy and business goals, which includes programs that improve customer relationships and engagement.
- Craft engaging and valued customer content by authoring and publishing customer case studies via a variety of deliverables including but not limited to written testimonials, peer-to-peer customer stories, quotes, business and technical case studies, videos, social and blog posts.
- Create programs to drive customer reviews and engagement on sites like G2 Crowd.
- Build trust and relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Communicate advocacy strategy, activities, expectations, results, and learnings to stakeholders across the organization.
- Build tight plans and workback schedules and manage cross-functional workgroups and ensure on time and quality completion of deliverables.
- Provide direction and oversee development of customer marketing materials.
- Facilitate customer speaking opportunities for D2L events and webinars.
- Foster an effective feedback loop to evaluate effectiveness of advocacy programs and initiatives, measure learning, and capture insights to make recommendations.
- Support and help grow D2L’s annual Excellence Awards program – help to facilitate nominations, aid with the scoring process, and amplifying award winners and their stories..
- Work with other groups on cross-functional customer marketing projects and initiatives (e.g., customer loyalty strategy, adoption, community, engagement, events)
- Maintain D2L’s Champions Program including but not limited to continuing to expand, improve, and measure growth, engagement, and success of the program.
What you’ll bring to the role:
- 5+ years in Customer Marketing, Customer Success, higher education, K12, or technology B2B (preferably learning or SaaS), or Marketing PR role
- Proven experience creating engaging content, collateral, and marketing communications.
- Strong writing, proofreading, and editing skills.
- Excellence communication skills and the ability to work in a highly collaborative environment.
- Superb presentation and client-facing skills.
- Strong project and program management skills.
- Proven track record for building and maintaining effective relationships with customers, external stakeholders and internal team members.
- High motivation with a sense of urgency and willingness to adjust in a fast-paced environment. Capable of multi-tasking in a dynamic, rapidly growing organization.
- Keen attention to detail with exceptional analytical and organizational skills.
- Ability to be boundaryless and coordinate across marketing, customer engagement, sales, strategic communications, and other functions and build rapport to generate awareness of D2L customers, their use cases, and successes.
- Familiarity with customer review and engagement campaigns for review sites like G2 Crowd would be an asset.
- Familiarity with marketing tools like Salesforce, Crowdvocate, Sendoso and/or Vidyard would be an asset.
Don’t meet every single requirement? We strongly encourage you to still apply! At D2L, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment. We encourage your application even if you don't believe you meet every single qualification outlined, because we love to help our people grow and develop!
Why we're awesome:
At D2L, we are dedicated to providing you with the tools to do the best work of your life. While some of our perks and benefits may vary depending on location or employment type, we are proud to provide employees with the following;
- Impactful work transforming the way the world learns
- Flexible work arrangements
- Learning and Growth opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement of up to $4,000 CAD for continuing education through our Catch the Wave Program
- 2 Paid Days off for Catch the Wave related activities like exams or final assignments
- Employee wellbeing (Access to mental health services, EFAP program, financial planning and more)
- Retirement planning
- 2 Paid Volunteer Days
- Competitive Benefits Package
- Home Internet Reimbursements
- Employee Referral Program
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Employee Recognition
- Social Events
- Dog Friendly Offices at our HQ in Kitchener, Winnipeg, Vancouver and Melbourne.