Watershed (51-200 Employees, 1,000%+ 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Title: Customer Marketing Manager
Location: United States
Classifications: Remote Full-Time
Watershed is a software platform for running a world-class climate program. We measure our success in the carbon reduction achievements of our customers. We are looking for team members who love product-building, want to work hard at a mission-oriented startup, and will collaborate with us in shaping the culture of a growing team.
We have offices in San Francisco and London and remote team members across the US and Europe. We hope that you’ll be interested in joining us!
As a founding member of our marketing team, you’ll play a crucial role in our customers’ success and be responsible for helping amplify, support, and delight them along the way. Watershed is wholeheartedly dedicated to making our customers the center of our universe (in fact, our #1 operating principle is customer obsessed). Talking to and learning from our customers is in our DNA, and as Watershed’s first customer marketer, you’ll be responsible for how we bring this to life.
Partnering closely with our Climate Advisors, Sales, and Customer Success teams, you’ll amplify the voice of our customers as we accelerate our work to decarbonize the economy.
Our ideal candidate will be a strategic marketer and gifted storyteller with a knack for building and sustaining strong customer relationships. You’re fast but thorough, a personable communicator, and can toggle easily between execution and big-picture strategy. An experienced marketer, you’re excited to test and iterate as you build the customer marketing function here at Watershed, and ideally have a passion for our missionthough no climate expertise is required!
- Architect and execute on creative, thoughtful, and helpful multi-channel programs and campaigns to onboard, educate, and celebrate customers throughout their lifecycle
- Map and optimize the customer journey, from first-touch to onboarding to renewals (and beyond)
- Conduct customer interviews and build an ongoing library of customer testimonials, referrals, and case studies (and more!)
- Partner closely with Sales to design and implement a world-class referral and advocacy program
- Identify and execute on opportunities for customer partnerships and co-marketing
- Help build a diverse, ambitious, creative, and high-achieving Marketing team
We’re looking for someone who has:
- At least 5+ years in B2B Marketing, with substantial experience owning and driving measurable results with multi-channel lifecycle campaigns and programs
- Demonstrable experience developing customer relationships and exhibiting a strong sense of customer empathy
- A solid working knowledge of marketing automation tools for monitoring and reporting on campaign performance
- Strong opinions on what constitutes a best-in-class B2B customer marketing program, with examples and anecdotes from previous experiences and learnings
- Exceptional communication skills, particularly with conducting interviews, writing content, and crafting messaging
- A high bar for quality and a desire to get creative and experiment with new ideas, tactics, and opportunities
- Experience in high-growth, fast-paced startup environments; preferably while owning and scaling marketing for customers