Amazon (501+ Employees, 130% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Do you have consulting leadership experience deploying digital, data, technology strategy and execution within Fortune 500 enterprise organization? Do you have broad technical skills and experience across Cloud, Innovation, Infrastructure, ML/AI, Data and Analytics, IoT and High-Performance Computing?
The Amazon Web Services Professional Services team is looking for a Customer Practice Manager (CPM) with a successful record of leading enterprise customers through a variety of transformative projects involving cloud technology topics such as Digital, ML/AI, data analytics, IoT, high performance compute and innovation; delivering business outcomes that contribute to our customers’ transformation journey. The CPM is a trusted advisor for our customers and the role includes all aspects of business development, deal structuring, deal support and closure in those accounts.
AWS Professional Services engages in a wide variety of projects with customers and partners, providing collective experience from across the AWS customer base. We are obsessed about successful outcomes for the Customer. Our team collaborates across the entire AWS organization to bring access to product and service teams, to get the right solution delivered at the right time, and drive feature innovation based upon customer needs.
Key job responsibilities
- Engage customers – collaborate with AWS sales and partner teams to develop strong customer and partner relationships and build a growing business and drive AWS adoption in a geographic territory and/or for a named set of customers
- Enable cloud transformation – develop long term Cloud Strategy with customers, identify & develop specific opportunities and supporting business cases, manage issues and risks
- Support the commercial relationship – plan and implement a portfolio of projects, including budget & deliverable responsibilities, drive proposal construction, including estimations and deal pricing, conduct contract negotiations & execute contracts
- Lead great people – build high performing teams of consultants with superior technical depth and outstanding customer relationship skills
- Be an advocate – work with AWS engineering teams to convey partner and enterprise customer feedback as input to AWS technology roadmaps
- Think big – ability to assess customer marketplace circumstances, organizational readiness, and C-level sponsor willingness to initiate conversations that lead to broader strategic transformation programs, construct large, complex multi-month programs which include multiple ProServe engagement services
About the team
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have thirteen employee-led affinity groups, reaching 85,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life harmony. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here. We are a customer-obsessed organizationleaders start with the customer and work backwards. They work vigorously to earn and keep customer trust. As such, this is a customer facing role in a hybrid delivery model. Project engagements include remote delivery methods and onsite engagement that will include travel to customer locations as needed.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
- Business development experience including complex agreements w/ integrators and ISVs
- Familiarity with compliance & security standards across the enterprise IT landscape.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges.
- Outstanding customer relationship management experience and collaboration skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work creatively and analytically in meeting customer needs.
- Vertical industry sales and delivery experience of cloud services and solutions.
- International consulting or professional services sales and delivery experience with global F500 enterprise customers and partners.
- Enterprise Architecture Frameworks (e.g. TOGAF, Zachman) and identifying the relationships between business services, information, applications and global infrastructure assets.
- Enterprise IT management frameworks (e.g. COBIT, ITIL)
- Broad Enterprise systems experience including SAP, Oracle, and custom applications.
- Designing, building, and operating global IT processes and infrastructures
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including group leadership and executive presentations.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience; Computer Science or Math background preferred
- 15+ years of IT consulting/management experience, with demonstrated IT Transformation experience in customer-facing roles.
- Ability to travel to client locations services as needed.
- Proven track record of managing and delivering large-scale enterprise IT projects
- Understanding of infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS) cloud computing transition challenges.
- Experience with design of modern, scalable delivery models for technology consulting services.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.