Abilico’s Mission is to connect people with medical needs to technology that empowers them to thrive. We are a Certified B-Corp and a leading online retailer of medical compression garments. To help with our mission we are looking for a Customer Service Specialist to help out across the business as we expand into other areas of durable medical equipment. As a Customer Service Specialist you will be the first touch point for many patients and individuals, helping take orders, handling customer service issues and helping with light bookkeeping.
Job Overview: The Role of the Customer Service Specialist is to handle incoming and outgoing customer service via phone and email. The customer service specialist is expected to help with light bookkeeping as needed. Additionally, the Customer Service Specialist is expected to escalate issues to their direct report when necessary. This position is remote.
Responsibilities and Duties
– Answering of incoming calls to assist patients and medical professionals in ordering as well as general Customer Service inquiries
– Escalating of Customer Service issues as needed to Customer Service Manager
– Answering any incoming emails in a prompt and timely manner
– Assisting with light bookkeeping
– Assist with daily operations as needed
– 6 months of Customer Service experience over the phone
– 6 months of Customer Service experience over email
– Excellent verbal and written communication
– Familiarity and understanding of basic computer principles
– High level of professionalism and patience
– Strong desire to help others
– Ability to learn on the fly
Abilico believes an equitable and inclusive work environment and a diverse, empowered team are key to achieving our mission. We’re not looking for candidates who are “culture fits.” We’re looking for candidates who can expand our perspective and challenge business as usual. We strive to foster an environment where all staff can bring their whole selves to work, by their own definition.
As an organization, we stand against anti-Black racism and all forms of oppression including transphobia, classism, sexism, and xenophobia. We commit to a focused and sustained action to dismantle racist systems, policies, practices, and ideologies within ourselves and our networks. As we continue to learn about injustice, we embrace radical reorientation of our consciousness and will listen to the voices of Black, Brown, Indigenous and marginalized peoples to catalyze equitable outcomes for all.
At Abilico an equitable, diverse and inclusive workplace is one where all employees and volunteers, whatever their gender, race, ethnicity, national origin, age, sexual orientation or identity, education or disability, feel valued and respected. We are committed to a nondiscriminatory approach and provide equal opportunity for employment and advancement in all of our teams, programs, and worksites. We respect and value diverse life experiences and heritages and ensure that all voices are valued and heard.