Weights & Biases (51-200 Employees, 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
At Weights & Biases, our mission is to build the best developer tools for machine learning. Weights & Biases is a series C company with $200 million in funding and a rapidly growing user base. Our platform is an essential piece of the daily work for machine learning engineers, from academic research institutions like FAIR and UC Berkeley to massive enterprise teams including iRobot, OpenAI, Toyota Research Institute, Samsung, NVIDIA, Salesforce, Blue Cross Blue Shield, Lyft, and more.
Reporting to the VP of Customer Success, the Customer Success Manager will manage the onboarding of new customers, be the primary point of contact for post-sales activities, and proactively manage all the touch points between the initial onboarding and contract renewal. In addition, the CSM will be responsible for identifying upsell and expansion opportunities within their customer base, and communicating opportunities to Sales. We believe that a successful CSM is one that has a healthy working relationship with the Sales, Product, and Marketing teams specifically.
What you’ll achieve (Responsibilities)
- Manage the onboarding of new customers with one of our Success ML Engineers and ensure a successful handoff from sales
- Monitor customer health and take corrective action when a decline in engagement is identified
- Drive user adoption through various touchpoints including training, product roadmap sessions, workshops, and developing relationships with several champions & power users
- Forecast Renewal risk to management
- Identify expansion opportunities by monitoring customer product usage, business updates/news, and creating strategic account plans with sales to grow to other teams
- Monitor customer support slack channels and tickets, respond to queries and work cross-departmentally to resolve problems
- Set up Quarterly Business Reviews (“QBRs”) to assess customer health, collect feedback, and share new and upcoming product features
- Ensure all users at each customer are receiving our communications and updates
- Become an expert user of the product
- Own Renewal negotiations for a portion of your customers
What we’re looking for (Requirements)
- Minimum of 2+ years of experience as a Customer Success Manager
- Experience at an AI or Data product company
- Proven success of consistently hitting and exceeding KPI goals in a customer success team or similar role
- Proven success with renewing and growing customer base
- Entrepreneurial mentality – self-starter with a strong desire to learn and grow Experience selling to VP or C-level executives
- Interest in working at a hyper-growth startup in a quickly innovating space
- Strong negotiation and closing skills
Key characteristics that will help you thrive in this role:
- Outgoing and friendly: You’ll love this role if you enjoy connecting with real users day to day, helping them solve issues, and understanding good patterns for using our tools. Day to day you’ll be answering questions and requests with a kind, thoughtful tone that makes users feel appreciated and connected to our team.
- Autonomous: If you work well in a self-directed environment, and proactively find ways to improve processes and collaborate with team members or engaged users, your initiative will really shine in this role.
- Curious and driven: Explore machine learning and learn more about the engineering stack and common ML workflows. Solve problems in both fast-paced, short-term sprints and in larger, more long-term projects.
- Organized: A core part of engineering support at Weights & Biases is organizing feedback from many channels into a single, orderly stream. Your organization skills and time management will be key to running this process well.
Why join us?
- Top-tier machine learning teams rely on our tools for their daily work at companies including OpenAI, Toyota Research Institute, Lyft, Samsung, and Pandora.
- You’ll never stop learning. This role gives you first-hand experience talking with leading researchers in the field, understanding their problems, and directly shaping the product direction.
- Our experienced founding team has successfully built and sold ML tools in the past at Figure Eight, and their deep knowledge of our industry, empathy for our users, and skillful management is driving W&B to success.
- Customers genuinely benefit from our tool. Here’s a quote from Wojciech Zaremba, Cofounder and Robotics Lead, OpenAI: “W&B allows to scale up insights from a single researcher to the entire team, and from a single machine to hundreds of them.”
- ️ Unlimited vacation time
- 100% Medical, Dental, and Vision for employees and Family Coverage
- Remote first culture with in-office flexibility in San Francisco
- $500 home office budget with new high-powered laptop
- Truly competitive salary and equity
- 12 weeks of Parental leave
We encourage you to apply even if your experience doesn’t perfectly align with the job description as we seek out diverse and creative perspectives. Team members who love to learn and collaborate in an inclusive environment will flourish with us. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. If you need additional accommodations to feel comfortable during your interview process, reach out at [email protected]