Vinterior (51-200 Employees, 76% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Vinterior is a startup that’s giving vintage a voice. In a world of mass-produced furniture, our marketplace helps the world shop more sustainably and champions independent vintage sellers. Sellers who we hand-pick for their expertise, and who share our obsession for craftsmanship and world-class customer service. In a world of sameness, take your place within an ambitious business, committed to helping the world shop more sustainably.
Vinterior launched in 2016 with 12 London dealers and 200 mid-century furniture pieces. In five years, we have grown to a community of over 2000 vintage sellers across Europe, generating over $600 million in sales worldwide. Two hundred thousand products across 97 furniture and homeware categories and 25 styles are now available on Vinterior, to the delight of our vintage fans.
Our purpose & mission
After growing 120% in 2020, we have become the leading vintage marketplace in the UK. We have just raised a $10m series A to accelerate growth and expand to new markets. Our purpose is to champion the value of vintage to build a more characterful and sustainable world. With the mission to become the #1 vintage platform in Europe by love and scale.
Your new role & team
We’re looking for a Customer Support Associate to join our rapidly-growing team. Vinterior is a startup that’s giving vintage a voice. In a world of mass-produced furniture, our vintage marketplace champions independent sellers across Europe and helps the world shop more sustainably.
You will be part of the Customer Experience team. Your main focus area will be providing excellent support to our marketplace users and fast and effective management of given tasks.
What you will be doing:
- Support users with queries ranging from simple item questions to payment and technical issues. Mediate situations between buyers and sellers.
- Utilise data to define and improve processes and flows and determine areas for further investigation to increase business metrics.
- Help manage orders (refunds, delivery updates, cancellations) when support is needed.
- Provide outstanding customer support over the phone, chat and email.
- Collaborate with other teams on projects such as implementing new functions and tools on the site, reviewing policies, testing functionalities and more.
- Data analysis and research for project work.
- Review and respond to customer reviews.
- Bachelor’s Degree, Business School or Hospitality Degree is preferred.
- Previous experience in customer care for a minimum of 2 years.
- Passionate about providing an excellent experience for clients.
- Experience dealing with complaints or claims.
- Great listener and a solution provider.
- Great attention to detail.
- Good organisational and time-management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal English, and French would be an advantage.
- Thrive under pressure.
- Great attention to detail.
- General G suite experience with the ability to quickly pick up new software.
- Experience with Freshdesk or similar helpdesk software would be an advantage.
- An interest in vintage and antique furniture is a plus.
What to expect from the interview process:
Stage 1: Short phone call.
Stage 2: Test brief to demonstrate your customer service and/or analytical skills. Response to be submitted by email.
Stage 3: Video conference with the Line Manager.
Stage 4: Follow up a video conference with other Operation team members.
If your application ends after stage three, we’ll provide constructive feedback via email.
- 25 days paid leave + 8 bank holidays
- Charity days – paid leave to support your chosen charity
- Optional co-working facilities
- Monthly health and wellbeing allowance
- ThanksBen, flexible benefits platform (private medical insurance, pension scheme)
- Employee discount across our Vinterior platform
- CharlieHR discounts and employee perks
- Training budget for workshops, online training, conferences etc.
- Macbook + £300 new starter allowance to ensure you have the perfect home set up
Remote working but is preferably based in UK. We operate on British office hours 9 am – 6 pm, so we’re looking for people who are fully available to work during these hours.
Stable internet connection. This is a remote role, so please check that you have a suitable and stable internet connection before applying.
Thanks for being patient and we’ll be in touch if we’re keen to take your application further. We’ll also notify all applicants once the role has been filled. Vinterior is passionate about championing diversity and treats each application equally and respectfully.
No recruitment consultants, please. Visa Sponsorship is not available.