Extracker (11-50 Employees, 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
The Software Support Specialist is the first and most critical line of help for customers who are experiencing issues. They manage inbound emails and chats to help diagnose bugs, provide best practice help, capture feature requests, and assist with account administration.
The right person for this job is someone who is a curious problem solver and thrives on helping people get unstuck.
This role works as the quarterback between customer issues and our engineering team. Ensuring that the right information is gathered and logged for our engineers to fix issues, and then closing the loop with the customer.
Additionally, this role will develop help content and create internal documentation so that as we grow, we are able to operate more efficiently.
Some of the day to day responsibilities include:
- Respond to customer queries in a quickly, via phone, email or chat
- Use customer feedback or information to track down or identify possible issues
- Screenshare sessions with engineering to help troubleshoot or recreate bugs
- New feature demos with product to create customer facing guides and videos
- Identify customer needs and help customers use specific features
- Share feature requests and effective workarounds with team members
- Inform customers about new features and functionalities
- Follow up with customers to ensure their technical issues are resolved
- Gather customer feedback and share with our Product, Sales and Marketing teams
- Create guides and videos based on common trends / issues you are seeing
The Company You’ll Join
Extracker is digitizing and automating the change order process inside the commercial construction industry.
Just as TurboTax did for tax documents and Expensify did for receipts and expense reports, Extracker is doing the same for change order communication and log management by building first-of-its-kind, category defining software that is revolutionizing the commercial construction industry.
The construction industry is being transformed fast by technology, but the way companies communicate costs hasn’t evolved in decades and still heavily relies on carbon copy paper, spreadsheets and email to track billions of dollars. These arcane manual processes can take days or weeks and include hours of manual office tasks such as scanning, manually transcribing, and tedious data-entry into spreadsheets.
At Extracker we are changing that and creating a new category “change order communication,” by intelligently digitizing this age-old process. This leads to an increase in profits, more successful contractor to customer relationships, more transparency into a project’s true cost, and less wasted paper!
We are a venture backed 100% SaaS company with impressive credentials for a company at our stage.
- Blue Chip Clients. We have already landed some of the largest General and Subcontractors in the US and have helped our clients build landmark projects.
- Significant Growth. We continue to double and triple our revenue and platform usage year over year.
- Large Volumes Processed. Companies share over $100 million in Change Order Requests on our platform each and every month.
- Significant and Important Projects. Our customers are trusting us to manage significant projects in the commercial construction industry. We have over $20 Billion worth of projects on our platform to date.
The Team You’ll Be Surrounded By
In addition to experienced SaaS and product leaders, our team has over 60 years of combined experience in the commercial construction space. At Extracker we know our customer’s pain points and challenges first hand and have built a category defining product that serves the user first.
You’ll be part of an ambitious and collaborative company, committed to growing a supportive and diverse team that is passionate about empowering our contractor customers.
We want you to be a part of the Extracker success story so as you engage with us and our team members, it would be helpful for you to understand some of the core characteristics of our team – hopefully many of these resonate with you!
- Enjoys cross team collaboration – As a remote team, we have to excel at clear communication via Slack, email and phone!
- Located in Central or Eastern time zones
- Self-motivated, proactive teammate with a drive to help people and solve problems – You’re going to need to be a detective
- Is a “doer” with a hands-on approach
- Commitment to excellence.
- Operationally focused – thinking about the entire business and not just Support.
- 2+ years of relevant software support experience
- Someone who enjoys identifying and fixing issues
- This is our first Support hire, so a chance to help shape the department and it’s processes
- Flexibility of remote work
- Ability to work with a new product category that has already found product market fit
- Experience at a venture backed growth startup
- Competitive market-rate salary for a Series A company
- Subsidized healthcare, vision, and dental
- Early equity!
We believe teams do their best work by drawing on a diverse rang of staff backgrounds, and we strongly encourage women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ+ community, those who are neurally diverse, and those with physical challenges and/or disabilities to apply. More important than meeting 100% of qualifications, we are looking for collaborative, long-term team members with a self-starter growth mindset, a commitment to proactive communication, and a bias towards action, who are aligned and excited with our company’s mission to build the industry standard in digital change order communication for the commercial construction industry. We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing a positive interview experience for every candidate. If accommodations due to a disability or medical condition are needed, connect with us via email at [email protected] As a company, we value fairness, collaboration, communication, leadership and build our teams around these values.