Allstate (501+ Employees, 8% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
The world isn’t standing still, and neither is Allstate. We’re moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers’ evolving needs. That’s why now is an exciting time to join our team. You’ll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
You’ll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards – a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from life’s uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years we’ve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatever’s coming next – to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. We’ve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We don’t follow the trends. We set them.
The Information Analyst Expert provides expertise across multiple business areas through analysis and understanding of business needs; Applies an advanced knowledge of programs, policies, and procedures in a business area or technical field gained through extensive experience and training. Drives programs and projects to conclusion; exhibits and displays leadership abilities through inspiration and decision making; mentors, provides guidance assistance to team members and employees across the enterprise.
• Collaborate with key partners on the Allstate Business Insurance (ABI) data and analytic team to understand their reporting and analytic needs and collaboratively align the outcomes the analytic team needs to achieve with the technical capabilities available at ABI and at Allstate in general, including capabilities of the SAAS platforms ABI leverages. Maintains a prioritized backlog of data needs that is developed and groomed in concert with the data and analytics team at ABI as if they are in a role of product owner for this data team. Aligns the prioritized backlog with the overall goals ABI needs to achieve to create and track outcome-based objectives for ABI’s data needs in alignment with the data and analytics team
• Partners with business to develop complex business rules for data completeness and fit for use status across multiple Areas of Responsibility; lead, plan and consult on information gathering sessions; guides and directs information analysts and acts as subject matter expert to create the technical design for the most complex projects and difficult maintenance.
• Across multiple business areas of responsibility, oversees the creation and maintenance of complex logical (conceptual, relational, subject-level, dimensional) data models and other metadata deliverables at multiple levels of detail and functionality; recognized internally and externally as subject matter expert (SME) for data modeling concepts and data modeling tool capabilities, audits the accuracy and currency between physical and logical data models as reflected in the metadata repository across all business areas of responsibility.
• Consults and acts as subject matter expert on the development, review and final approval of project estimates and statements of work for large and complex efforts or those which have a significant business impact regardless of size; Facilitates discussion with business and technology partners on measurement requirements – helps identify and oversees execution of Key Performance Indicators and reporting needs; works and coordinates with leaders on ideation, project initiation or planning for projects of high complexity; Guide and direct the design deliverables of other systems analysts and developers. Participate in enterprise driven roadmap activities around database, data visualization and reporting; create and execute on strategic roadmap after understanding business requirements at large and enterprise roadmaps
• Provides business knowledge and support for resolving technology issues across one or more areas of the business and across multiple projects; ensures problems and incidents are worked and resolved in a timely manner, provides guidance to other employees for issue resolution.
• Recognized leader in understanding software industry as it pertains to business intelligence and analytics and provides direction for future solutions; Facilitates and oversees discussions to establish common definitions for data across all business functions in their areas of responsibility; Leads and oversees the development of an approach to data management across all areas of the business; and effectively state the impact and help drive appropriate solution design of pending projects on existing structures across multiple business areas
This job does have supervisory duties.
Education and Experience:
• 7 or more years of related experience in database modeling classes, MIS or EIS, system support, analytics, statistics
• Advanced SQL Skills
• Microsoft SQL Server, SSIS, SSRS
• Object storage technologies (Scality or analogous experience)
• Analytics technologies (Dremio or analogous experience)
• Duck Creek Data Insights experience preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
• Extensive business knowledge for a specific business area; data visualization and reporting products; and model building skills and products.
• Oral and written communication skills to partner with employees both internal and external as well as interpersonal skills to work effectively in a team environment; Inspire trust and confidence in clients through strategic and diplomatic handling of relationships
• Effective time management and organization skills with a proven ability to multi-task
• Advanced skills Microsoft Office Suite products
• Construct and execute complex SQL queries to verify business data rules and fit-for-use status of data under analysis. Serves as a resource for other employees for query development and review
Compensation offered for this role is $100,400.00-$159,575.00 per year and is based on experience and qualifications.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life — including a generous paid time off policy. For a full description of Allstate’s benefits, visit allstate.jobs/benefits/
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click “here” for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click “here” for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster click “here“. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click “here“. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee’s terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.