With our changing climate, the sustainability of our planet and primarily our food resources is a problem growing exponentially for all of us. The team at Regrow is on a mission to give farmers and food growers around the world valuable insights to optimize their growing conditions in pursuit of solving crop failures and food shortages. How are we going to take on this audacious challenge? With science and a vision to solve how a land mass behaves to cool the earth. We’re currently monitoring 150 million acres of land, so we’re on our way to a more sustainable planet. With this, we have an awesome carbon and sustainability science team and we’re looking for a Data Analyst – Remote Sensing to support them in rolling our tool to new geographies and agricultural systems. Check out the video with our CEO explaining Regrow to our partners in the ecosystem.
We are looking for a remote sensing data analyst with strong organizational skills and attention to detail. The successful candidate will work as part of an integrated team to create and analyze large datasets for agriculture applications. The position requires interdisciplinary skills including the ability to do independent research, create and manage databases, analyze tabular and GIS data, and write documentation and reports. The position is salaried and includes benefits.
This is a unique opportunity at a company on a path to huge growth and success. It’s not every day you can join a company and meaningfully contribute to a better future of our planet and humanity. You’ll be applying your skills to accelerate the digital agriculture revolution on a global basis! Won’t this be a fun story to tell someday?!
- Work with the remote sensing and data science team to develop new algorithms to extract information from large geospatial data sets;
- Conduct statistical analyses on remote sensing data;
- Perform literature reviews to inform algorithm development and other scientific work;
- Synthesize and interpret large datasets, and present information clearly via reports;
Minimum Experience Requirements
- Degree in earth science, applied mathematics, data science, environmental science, or related field;
- Three years of data analysis experience;
- Knowledge of remote sensing and geospatial data sources, characteristics, and methods;
- Programming experience in Python;
- Experience with Linux/Unix environment;
- Strong team experience and capabilities to work with a variety of backgrounds, including software engineers, scientists and business staff;
- Strong communication skills;
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to communicate accurately and effectively;
- Ability to work independently and show good judgement;
Preferred background and skills
- Familiarity with agricultural and crop management systems;
And if you have these, you will thrive at Regrow:
- Passion about delivering value to customers and solving messy real-world problems
- The ability to organize yourself and others in an unstructured environment
- Preference to operating in an open/honest work environment
- A love of learning
- A desire to have a positive impact on something greater than you can achieve alone, being a part of the team, which is changing the world
A few final words
At Regrow, we’re looking for self-motivated and energetic individuals – you are encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t precisely match the job description. Your skills, interests, and potential will stand out…
While it may go without saying once you see the diversity on our current team, we encourage diversity on our team at all levels of the company. We are committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive environment and to encourage these values in everyone on our team. We provide an environment of mutual respect where opportunities are available without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We believe that diversity and inclusion for people from all walks of life is key to our success as a company.