Meta (formerly Facebook) (501+ Employees, 34% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Meta is looking for a manager to lead the Developer Operations Data Analytics team. We are looking for someone who is able to influence business decisions through furthering a data-driven and analytical culture across operations teams. We are expecting a high performing individual to have strong experience in leveraging data to influence organisational decisions, innovate new methods for improvement, and concisely convey data insights to a general audience. This role will involve leading and nurturing a team of data analysts to ask the right questions, and translating these questions into impactful analysis involving diverse data sets. This role will assume general management responsibilities and cross-functional partnerships with operations, product, engineering, legal, and finance functions to help drive Developer Operations’ most important strategic priorities.
Data Analytics Manager, Developer Operations Responsibilities:
- Lead a team of data analysts to deliver consistent high quality reporting and insights in a dynamic & fast environment.
- Build scalable data architecture and re-usable analytics assets for broader consumption within the organisation. Seek opportunities to improve data collection, reporting and consumption based on business needs.
- Provide mentorship, guidance, and career development to a team of analysts
- Establish team goals and work with direct reports to execute, measure progress, and share results
- Proactively drive data across Developer Operations and look to leverage synergy across our parent org (Global Operations)
- Utilise deep product and industry knowledge while serving as a strong cross-functional leader
- Leverage areas of expertise to improve the effectiveness and quality of Facebook’s support of developers and users
- Build cross-functional relationships with Operations leaders, Data Scientists, Product Managers and Software Engineers to understand data needs and deliver on those needs
- BA/BS degree or higher in a quantitative field (i.e. Statistics, Math, etc.)
- 2+ years of people management experience in a formal or informal capacity
- 8+ years hands-on experience using data science programming languages such as SQL, Python, or R
- Data architecture and analysis experience for operations
- Experience managing and analyzing data using tools such as Tableau and experience troubleshooting others’ analyses and data.
- 8+ years of experience in solving analytical problems using quantitative approaches
- Experience presenting research data (qualitative and quantitative) to both technical and business partners
- MBA degree with an analytical focus
- Experience utilizing both qualitative analysis (e.g. content analysis, phenomenology, hypothesis testing) and quantitative analysis techniques (e.g. cluster analysis, descriptive and inferential statistics)
- Experience thriving in an ambiguous and fast-paced operational environment, collaborating effectively with a variety of individuals and organizations to drive improvements