Square (501+ Employees, 60% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Square is looking for a Data Engineer to join the Seller Customer Success Operations team to help define, develop and manage curated datasets, key business metrics and reporting. You will architect, implement and manage Data Models, pipelines and ETLs that will enable various teams access consistent metrics across the Customer Success ecosystem.
- Partner with functional leads to understand their data and reporting requirements, and translating them into definitions and technical specifications (PRD)
- Be responsible for defining, developing and optimizing curated datasets and schemas with standardized metrics and definitions across the the organization
- Be responsible for the data migration to new platforms and tools
- Develop, deploy, maintain, and optimize data models, pipelines, ETL jobs and visualizations
- Provide comprehensive day-to-day analytics support to partner teams, develop tools and resources to empower data access and self-service so your expertise can be leveraged
- Model data in Looker or similar visualization tools, to empower data access and self-service resources so your expertise can be leveraged where it is most impactful
- Work closely with technical partners in the data platform engineering team on designing and developing robust data structures and highly reliable data pipelines
- Troubleshoot technical issues with platforms, performance, data discrepancies, alerts etc.
- Perform ad hoc analysis, insight requests, and data extractions to resolve critical business and infrastructure issues
- 5+ years of analytical experience in data engineering, data science, or product / BI analytics
- Bachelor’s degree required, with major in analytical or technical field strongly preferred
- Strong technical intuition and ability to understand complex business systems
- Expert knowledge in data modeling concepts and implementation
- Strong technical accomplishments in SQL, ETLs and data analysis skills
- MySQL, Snowflake, Redshift, or similar data handling experience
- Hands on experience in processing extremely large data sets
- Work experience with Python
- Experience with Linux/OSX command line, version control software (git), and general software development
- Expertise in visualization technologies including Looker, Tableau, and others
- Familiarity with scripting/programming for data mining and modeling is a plus
- Work experience with Java is a plus
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.
We believe the economy is better when everyone has access. When everyone has room to grow. No one should be left out because the cost is too great or the technology too complex. So we’re building easy tools to empower and enrich people. Tools that shorten the distance between having an idea and making a living from it—because we believe in fair and square. We started with a little white card reader but haven’t stopped there. Our new reader helps our sellers accept chip cards and NFC payments, our Cash app lets people send money instantly, and we’re building easy tools for customers, too. We’re empowering the electrician to send invoices, setting up the food truck with a delivery option, helping the clothing boutique pay its employees, and giving the coffee chain capital for a second, third, and fourth location. We’re here to help sellers of all sizes start, run, and grow their business—and helping them grow their business is good business for everyone.