FARFETCH exists for the love of fashion. Our mission is to be the global platform for luxury fashion, connecting creators, curators and consumers.
We’re a positive platform for good, bringing together an incredible creative community made up by our people, our partners and our customers. This community is at the heart of our business success. We welcome differences, empower individuality and celebrate diverse skills and perspectives, creating an inclusive environment for everyone. We are FARFETCH for All.
We’re on a mission to build the technology that powers the global platform for luxury fashion. We operate a modular end-to-end technology platform purpose-built to connect the luxury fashion ecosystem worldwide, addressing complex challenges and enjoying it. We’re empowered to break traditions and revolutionise, with the freedom and autonomy to make a difference for our customers all over the world.
Our Porto office is located in Portugal’s vibrant second city, known for its history and its creative yet cosy environment. From Account Management to Technology and Product, whatever your skills are, you’ll find your fit here. You can have an informal meeting in the treehouse or play the piano in your lunch break!
We are looking for a person that will help maintain our BI architecture and tools.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Design and build scalable & reliable data pipelines (ETLs) for our data platform
- Constantly evolve data models & schema design of our Data Warehouse to support self-service needs
- Work cross functionally with various teams, creating solutions that deal with large volumes of data.
- Work with the team to set and maintain standards and development practices;
- Be a keen advocate of quality and continuous improvement;
WHO YOU ARE
- You have 2+ years of experience as a professional with solid technical background building and maintaining data pipelines in a custom or commercial ETL tool (eg. SSIS, Talend, Informatica) (Airflow is a plus);
- You have 2+ years of experience working in a Data Warehouse environment with varied forms of data infrastructure, including relational databases, Hadoop, and Column Store;
- Proficient in creating and evolving dimensional data models & schema designs to improve accessibility of data and provide intuitive analytics;
- Experience working with cloud environments (eg. AWS, GCP, Azure) (plus);
- Proficient in SQL;
- You have basic understanding of Hadoop/BigData ecosystem (HDFS, Hive);
- Proficient in one of the following programming languages: C#, Java, Python;
- Basic knowledge in distributed computing (Spark);
- Experience in working with a BI reporting tool (eg. Tableau, QlikView, PowerBI, Looker) (plus);
- You have basic understating of continuous delivery principles: version control, unit and automated tests;
- You have an intermediate level in English, both written and spoken;
- You have good analytical and problem solving skills, the ability to work in a fast moving operational environment and you are enthusiastic and with a positive attitude.
REWARDS & BENEFITS
- Health insurance for the whole family, flexible working environment and well-being support and tools
- Extra days off, sabbatical program and days for you to give back for the community
- Training opportunities and free access to Udemy
- Flexible benefits program
- FARFETCH Equity plan
EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES STATEMENT
- FARFETCH is an equal opportunities employer ensuring that all applicants are treated equally and fairly throughout our recruitment process. We are determined that no applicant experiences discrimination on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, disability, age, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, veteran status, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. We continue to build our consciously inclusive culture as part of our Positively FARFETCH strategy throughout our business, partnerships and communities.