CloudWalk (201-500 Employees, 288% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
If you have fallen and risen, if you have broken and fixed, if you have dreamt and built, then you have grit.
Then we speak the same language.
Welcome to the Wolfpack.
Here at Cloudwalk, we work hard to build the best products, including different payment methods while using innovative technologies, to empower our more than 300.000 customers. Our main initiative is called InfinitePay, which is the fastest growing payments acquirer in Latam.
We hustle and celebrate as we change the market landscape and raise the bar in payments processing. We are making it cheaper and faster to receive payments and thus help to maximize small businesses’ growth.
Our technology has already processed more than US$3 BI and it´s just the beginning.
We build and learn, fast, and we want the hackers, the artists, the crafters – join the Wolfpack!
As the Data Protection Officer (DPO), you will be responsible for overseeing CloudWalk’s data protection strategy and implementation to ensure that CloudWalk is complying with its requirements under LGPD (Brazil), GDPR (Europe), and other relevant data protection requirements and good practices. Even though you will report to the Chief Risk and Compliance Officer, you will support multiple teams in fulfilling their data protection requirements.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Act as the primary point of contact within CloudWalk, regulators, and any relevant public bodies on issues related to data protection.
- Ensure CloudWalk’s policy is in accordance with LGPD (Brazil) and GDPR (Europe).
- Maintain the Data Protection Impact Assessment (DPIA).
- Inform and advise the controller or the processor of data of their Data Protection obligations, including training, education and awareness of CloudWalk staff.
- Promote a culture of data protection compliance across all CloudWalk teams.
- Conduct regular assessments and audits to ensure Data Protection compliance.
- Maintain records of all data processing activities carried out by the company.
What You Need To Succeed
- A can-do, product and customer focused attitude.
- Extensive technical knowledge and experience of data protection regulation, privacy standards, and best practices.
- Track record of innovation by leveraging technology to achieve LGPD or GDPR compliance.
- Great technical skills, including hands-on experience with cloud environments.
- Banking, Fintech, or Payments industry background.
- Outstanding communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and leadership abilities.
- Knowledge of Relational Databases, SQL, and ORM technologies.
- Experience in building digital financial products.
We are not expecting candidates to have expertise across all of these areas. We will gladly help you bridge the gaps.
As a member of a fully remote and distributed team, you are expected to complete tasks autonomously, being highly collaborative and self-driven.
Diversity and Inclusion
We believe in social inclusion, respect, and appreciation of all people. We promote a welcoming work environment, where each CloudWalker can be authentic, regardless of gender, ethnicity, race, religion, sexuality, mobility, disability, or education.