ActBlue (51-200 Employees, 41% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
WHO WE ARE:
ActBlue is a nonprofit that builds tech and infrastructure for Democratic campaigns, progressive-aligned causes, and people trying to make an impact in order to fuel long-term, people-powered change. If you’ve ever given online to a Democrat or progressive organization, chances are you’ve used our powerful online fundraising platform.
We put power in the hands of small-dollar donors and help thousands of groups — from presidential candidates to environmental organizations — build grassroots movements. We envision a democracy where everyone looking to make progressive people-powered change can easily and effectively deploy their resources, energy, and creativity to shape our country and futures. Each and every one of us, from the political activists to the tech innovators to the customer service pros, is fully committed to our mission.
The Data and Reporting Department is a new department under the Outreach umbrella at ActBlue. The Data Systems Associate’s primary role will be to ensure the integrity and optimization of the Outreach databases for all users under the Outreach umbrella. Under the Data and Reporting team, they will utilize their creativity and expertise to oversee the implementation and maintenance of Outreach relational data with external entities, practitioners, and decision makers, as well as partners, training attendees, and prospects. The role is internal facing and will help further Outreach program objectives, goals, and needs.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Create integrity checks and maintain data hygiene within the Outreach CRM, ensuring consistency and tracking ability across multiple platforms and teams;
- Assist in producing Outreach data standards documentation, including but not limited to: an Outreach data dictionary, tracking standards, procedures, and definitions, in order to maintain the institutional knowledge of the database;
- Develop a system of data entry and alignment across Outreach teams according to programmatic goals and strategies, accounting for prospecting and analytics;
- Monitor Outreach database performance, manage parameters, and become the expert on where and how Outreach data is housed;
- Provide proactive and reactive data management support and training to Outreach users;
- Be a thought partner in data workflows and integrating multiple sources of data;
- Complete other projects as needed.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- 1-3 years working with political, issue, or nonprofit data management and front-facing customer support;
- Intermediate Excel skills, including a knowledge of functions like VLOOKUP & CONCATENATE, as well as an understanding of nested formulas for use in auditing spreadsheets. Working knowledge of Macros is a plus;
- Hands-on experience creating database standards and processes;
- Foundation in database design, implementation, and documentation;
- Ability to think critically and creatively about database functionality and efficiency;
- Self-starter mentality and capability to work independently;
- Ability to liaise with external stakeholders and communicate complex topics to non-technical audiences;
- Solid organizational skills, including a logical approach to work and prioritization;
- Ability to multi-task and work on various projects at one time;
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and inclusion;
- Extremely organized and meticulous detail oriented;
- Diligent problem solver;
- Some understanding of relational databases;
- Working knowledge of programming languages like Python or SQL is a plus.
LOCATION AND COMPENSATION:
This posting is for a full-time, salaried position. This can be a fully remote position, or can work out of the ActBlue’s office located in Davis Square in Somerville, MA, just a few blocks from the MBTA Red Line. ActBlue is authorized to support remote work in these states: Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Washington, Washington D.C., and Wisconsin.
Salary Range: $55,000 – 70,000, depending on experience
The terms and conditions of this position are subject to a collective bargaining agreement with the Campaign Workers Guild, the exclusive bargaining agent of covered ActBlue employees.
- Flexible work schedules and an unlimited time-off policy
- Fully paid and trans-inclusive health, dental, and vision insurance for employees and their families
- Automatic 2% 401K contribution, plus up to 6% match
- Three months paid parental leave for all new parents, adoptions included; 4 weeks of a fully paid flexible work schedule; plus an additional one week of paid leave and an additional one week of flexible work schedule for every full year the employee has worked for ActBlue
- Commuter or home-office benefits, including a $1,000 home-office setup allowance for all new full-time remote employees
- Additional perks including monthly snack deliveries and digital subscriptions to the Boston Globe & New York Times
ActBlue is unable to sponsor work visas at this time.
Women, people of color, LGBTQIA2S+ individuals, and members of other minority or marginalized groups are strongly encouraged to apply. ActBlue is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against candidates on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status.
ActBlue is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities throughout the interview and employment process, including using our online system to apply for a position.