Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty (501+ Employees, 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Radio Free Europe and Radio Liberty is an a news organization that offers uncensored news, responsible discussion, and open debate.
Please quote vacancy number: TECITSP-2103
Come to Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty where your passion for great design and storytelling will make a difference in the world. At RFE/RL, we broadcast to millions of people in countries where democracy and freedom is something that people must fight for daily. Your work will truly be design that matters.
Our Internet department, PANGEA DIGITAL, is currently looking for a new colleague for the position of Data Visualization Web Developer.
What would you do?
- Working together with the Data-viz team on complex microsites and infographics.
- Translate design into pixel-perfect and performance optimal implementation.
- Creating complex web animations for enhanced visual storytelling.
- Working on inhouse microsite building system (Create).
- Introduce the latest technology trends to streamline team’s workflow and process.
- Maintain and enhance current web applications to address day-to-day development requests for RFE/RL’s web products.
- You will have a direct influence on the product.
- Work in a very talented multi-national team.
Who are you?
- You are creative, detail oriented and love solving problems – design thinking is a plus.
- You can quickly anticipate, trouble-shoot and resolve problems, and work independently and with minimal supervision.
- You have professional knowledge of HTML, CSS, JS, JSON, XML, very good knowledge of vanilla JS and modern frameworks such as React.js, ability to use Git.
- You keep in touch with latest front-end trends.
- You can develop new features and components within the given software.
- You have experience with complex web animations, webGL knowledge is a plus.
- You have basic knowledge of Adobe CC and prototyping tools such as Figma.
- You are a good team player, who can interact and operate effectively with peers and other associates within a collegial, and yet demanding work environment.
- You already have a portfolio of several web projects.
What can we offer?
- A meaningful job where your work will make an impact on others.
- A friendly and relaxed team of people who love making things for the web.
- Working on award-winning products with cutting-edge technologies.
- Reasonable work-life balance.
- A great benefits package (Multisport card, public transportation allowance, life insurance, pension fund contributions, language courses, professional trainings, meal contributions and great canteen with multinational dishes).
- State-of-the-art broadcasting headquarters near Zelivskeho metro station.
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
Who we are …
Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty (RFE/RL) is an international news organization headquartered in Prague, Czech Republic and Washington, D.C., with 21 bureaus throughout Russia, Central Asia, Afghanistan, and Central and Eastern Europe. Reporting in 27 languages across 23 countries, RFE/RL is one of the most comprehensive news operations in the world, providing responsibly reported, fact-based news in countries where media freedoms are under threat or banned outright. From Iran and Pakistan to Hungary, Ukraine, and Azerbaijan, RFE/RL journalists give audiences what they can’t always get from their own local media: uncensored information and open debate. Reporting via digital, TV, and radio platforms, RFE/RL has a measured weekly reach of 38.1 million people. A private nonprofit, RFE/RL is funded by the U.S. Congress through the U.S. Agency for Global Media. RFE/RL’s editorial independence is protected by U.S. law.
RFE/RL is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Positions at RFE/RL are considered Public Trust Positions, with appointment contingent upon the positive outcome of a background investigation.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place:Eastern Europe Only.