Hyperproof (51-200 Employees, 271% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
The world is exploding with data. As cyber threats grow daily, companies are trying to manage and secure all of their sensitive data while struggling to comply with increasing regulations. Employees waste precious time by trying to manage compliance with tools like Excel and email, which don’t scale in this complex space, leading to enormous risks, regulatory fines, lowered stock price, and compromised reputation. Not only must they figure out which standards matter, but they must also determine if and how they can to meet these standards with confidence. Companies need a better way to keep their promises and safeguard your sensitive data.
Enter Hyperproof, a radical new approach to ensure organizations can effectively discover, track, and meet the web of compliance business and government requirements. We are disrupting the governance, risk, and compliance software space with our innovative products. At the core, we are a team with strong experience building cloud software and a passion for a great user experience, simplicity, and positive social impact. It’s an exciting time to be at Hyperproof. We recently raised $16.5 million in our Series A financing, validating our teamwork, growing customer base, and our company mission to reinvent compliance operations that help organizations build trust through proof.
This is where you come in. Hyperproof is creating advanced solutions with hosted services that leverage the latest technologies including cloud-based microservices, containerization, machine learning, adaptive process automation, time-series database technologies, data warehousing, and more. We’re growing our team, and are looking for a passionate and innovative database engineer to bring to life the next wave of Hyperproof capabilities.
Hyperproof is searching for a data warehouse / SQL engineer with a passion for data and solving complex problems related to data modeling, SQL performance, ETL processes, insightful reporting, and more. As a member of the core engineering team, you will level up our database engineering capabilities and ensure that our service can effectively scale for years to come. In addition, you’ll work with teams across the company – Product Management, Customer Success, and Sales & Marketing to help them gain a deep understanding of our customer behavior and product usage through the data flowing into application and analytics services.
What you’ll be doing
- You will design and build a data warehouse for analytics, including time-series reporting
- You will drive operational excellence by investigating performance issues, driving root cause analysis, and follow-up actions for mitigation and/or early detection
- You will improve performance, availability, reliability, scale, throughput, and latency
- You will Set high standards for schema design and query performance across the engineering team and raise the capabilities of the entire team through mentoring
- You will optimize data performance through server configuration and query optimization
- You will develop and maintain ETL routines using industry-leading data management tools
- You will perform ad hoc analysis to assist with investigations and prototyping
- You will research and recommend tools and technologies to improve our reporting and analytics capabilities
- You will work closely with our Business Intelligence Engineer to ensure that the right data is available for the team to make intelligent data-driven decisions
What you’ll need to be successful
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Finance, Statistics or a related quantitative field
- 3+ years of work experience as a data engineer or similar role
- Strong problem-solving skills, including a bias towards action in the fact of ambiguous requirements
- Curiosity – someone who delves deep into the details to understand the root cause of problems, unexpected user behavior, etc.
- Advanced skills in SQL queries, ETL, and performance tuning
- Excellent understanding of data warehousing and data modeling (like Snowflake, Azure Synapse)
- Experience building metrics, OKRs, and developing reporting solutions
- Experience building commercial web-based SaaS applications
- Proven ability to structure complex analysis and perform the analysis to drive insights
- Experience communicating results and business impact of analytical deep dives to senior leadership
We Live Our Core Values Every Minute of Every Day
At Hyperproof we live our core values every minute of every day. We believe they are critical to our success today and tomorrow. Below are our core values. Read through them and if you see yourself in our values, let’s talk!
Always Authentic: We keep it real. We believe in constructive honesty in all facets of our work. Whether it is our customers, prospective customers, partners, or fellow Hyperproofers we state the facts versus telling people what they want to hear. Each of us are who we are regardless of the context. No playing politics and no BS. Just healthy, constructive, reality-based discourse.
We Keep Our Promises: We make every effort to meet our commitments. If we’re unable to meet a commitment, we let others know right away. We consistently create methods to prioritize our work so we can meet our commitments. We commit ONLY when we intend to follow through, not as a tactic to move the discussion forward.
Customer Obsessed: We start with customer needs and work backwards. We seek to collect customer data (when it is available) before making decisions. We regularly and proactively seek customer feedback on designs, offers and other work products.
Measure and Adjust: We take every opportunity to define, publish and update metrics. We seek to measure and improve as we continue to invest in activities. We are willing to propose modifications when the data demands it.
Continuously Innovate: We seek to understand before we act. We challenge prevailing assumptions and suggest better approaches. We embrace change. We often revisit previous trade-offs and apply new innovations.
Make Decisions We Are Proud Of: We only make decisions we would be willing to share with our parents. We speak out when we see others making decisions that compromise our values. We act like everyone is watching even when they are not.
Simplify: Our code, written and verbal communication are pithy and focused. We research and iterate, thus doing “the hard work of being simple”. We revisit our previous work to simplify it as it grows. We simplify by staying focused and not over-extending / under-delivering.
Win As a Team: We prioritize succeeding as a team and an organization over-optimizing for individual objectives. We provide timely feedback to others when feedback is solicited. We are intentional about fostering an inclusive work environment. We speak our minds respectfully so we can be heard by others. We demonstrate listener empathy so others feel safe sharing their honest feedback. As leaders, we don’t dictate. Instead, we empower our team to do their best work. We recognize others’ contributions in a timely manner.
You must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. We are a fully remote company! Rather than restrict ourselves to only finding talent in one city, we’d rather find the absolute best people regardless of where they live.
-Unlimited PTO (and we actually take it)
-401k and match so you can start saving for the future immediately
-Medical and Vision insurance
-Quarterly Wellness benefit
-Company get-togethers to meet your remote peers
-Remote stipend to make sure you are 100% equipped for the job ahead
Hyperproof is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Hyperproof is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. close