Atlassian (501+ Employees, 122% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or return to an office as they reopen (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
With a sufficient timezone overlap with the team, we’re able to hire eligible candidates for this role from any location in Australia and New Zealand. If this sparks your interest, apply today and chat with our friendly Recruitment team.
We’re searching for an experienced Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) Business Partner to help translate our DEI strategy across the business.We believe in the power of diversity, we aim for nothing short of equity for every Atlassian, and we are committed to an authentic culture of inclusion where everyone can thrive.
Reporting to the Head of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion, this is an ideal role for someone with deep DEI subject matter expertise in best practices and latest research, and the ability to coach leaders and employees across levels on how to translate our companywide DEI strategy into tangible action tailored to specific business functions.
- Expertise in DEI: You will translate the latest in global DEI research trends, data insights, and frameworks to co-design programs across the employee lifecycle.
- Advising your designated business functions: You will partner with DEI to support your designated business functions and coaching their leaders according to our strategy.
In your first year at Atlassian, you will have:
- Worked with several business groups to help identify/diagnose main DEI opportunity areas, designed and begun implementing recommended solutions that are aligned with the overall DEI strategy.
- Embed our “Pod” support model, consisting of Talent Acquisition, Talent, Total Rewards, People Analytics, Employee Relations, HRBP, and Program Manager partners.
- Helped solidify the direction of Atlassian’s foundational DEI team as we grow.
- Leader with a point of view: you study trends in the global DEI space, monitor current events, and apply that insight to strategy.
- Communicator and concept translator: you can translate complex and intersectional topics and terms into accessible language, customised to the needs of your functional groups. You collaborate with others to thoughtfully push for progress.
- Data insights: you are comfortable using data to identify causes of DEI challenges, design data-driven solutions, and help measure progress.
- Strong program manager: can manage projects end-to-end, driving review of programs from concept to launch in a constantly evolving environment.
- 8+ years of total of combined experience which might include talent management, organisational development, program management or recruitment.
- At least 4 years in the diversity, equity, and inclusion space (note: this does not mean you must have “DEI” in your title, but that you have extensive experience furthering equity, inclusion, and diversity – this might look like work experience in education equity or social justice work). If your qualifications look different from what we’ve described above, but you feel your skills are a match to the capabilities we need, please apply!
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we’re motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team .
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone’s perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub .