Crimsonpanda (11-50 Employees, 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Developer in Test
Location: Isle of Man / UK Remote / Manchester
Pushologies is a fast-moving, fast-growing company using our proprietary technology to deliver new and engaging mobile experiences. We provide our clients with the power to engage with their users, fans and customers like no-one else can. But that’s just the tip of the iceberg. What comes next is where you come in. As a member of the QA team, you’ll be working alongside the developers to make sure our service can stand up to the high standards we demand of ourselves, and our customer’s demand. It will be up to you to make sure our service runs as it should and to make sure our customers are able to. Sounds like fun, right?
Areas of responsibility
- Working alongside with the development team to help plan and implement overall quality assurance and testing strategies.
- Mentor and develop junior members of the team, leading by example, exemplifying the values of the business and the best testing and QA practices.
- Help to manage cycles of testing, deployment and release of our products.
- Automating as much as possible to ensure we’re spending thinking time constructively, not endlessly repeating manual tests.
- Excellent experience of automated and web app and API testing.
- Strong experience of creating and using Cypress tests and other testing frameworks.
- Demonstrable ability to develop and implement automated testing strategies, integrated with CI/CD pipelines.
- Good agile skills, including assisting with planning of sprints in JIRA.
- Experience with as many languages & frameworks as possible, ideally including NodeJS, React, Typescript and SQL.
- Experience in managing product test and release cycles.
- Excellent written and verbal English.
- Willingness to learn and motivated to self-study.
- Able to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing.
- Be the business: We succeed by putting our partners at the heart of everything we do.
- Collectively awesome: We’re a team of free-thinking nonconformists who dare each other to create magic for our partners and the reason we will never stop pushing.
- Smart innovation: We don’t do things because we can, we do them to make things better; our ideas and innovations are redefining engagement.
- Seriously fun: We’re professional, enjoy our work and love it when people tell us something’s impossible to achieve. We’ll keep proving them wrong.
What we expect
- Hard working, honest team players. We want people who are in it for the greater good, not individual glory.
- Take ownership. You will take responsibility for your areas and own them in their entirety.
- Helpful. Not just to the other members of your team, but also to our customers. You should genuinely enjoy helping people with their problems and making things better for them.
- Curious. We’re always learning and want our team to be to the same. Expect to be asked “why” a lot, and to ask it yourself.
- Can do attitude. We’re not looking for reasons why it can’t be done, we’re looking for people who can see challenges as fun.
- Problem solving. See above!
- Fast moving. We’re not about immovable 5-year development road maps detailed down to the last dotted “i” and crossed “t”. Requirements change, customers think of new ways of challenging us and we find new great ideas. We scope it out, build the solution and move on.
- Used to working at scale. Our business is about volume, lots and lots of it. You need to be able to build for scale, anticipate potential optimisations and issues and handle accordingly.
- Strong passion for best practice software development.
- Be trustworthy and demonstrate ownership and integrity.
What it’s like to work with us
You’ll be working on cutting-edge technology and in an agile, flexible and fast-paced environment. We don’t have timesheets, formal dress codes or a corporate song book. We like people who get things done and we understand that sometimes that means the 9-5 isn’t the best way to work. We do have competitive salaries, we will #bepushy (it’s part of the brand after all) and expect the best you, but we will also give you the environment and tools to make sure you can be just that. We’re passionate about what we do, who we work with and what we are building and want like-minded people to share that experience with.