OpenSea (51-200 Employees, 664% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
OpenSea is the first and largest peer-to-peer marketplace for cryptogoods (like an eBay for crypto assets), which include collectibles, gaming items, and other virtual goods backed by a blockchain. On OpenSea, anyone can buy or sell these items through a smart contract. The OpenSea team has backgrounds from Stanford, Palantir, and Google, and is funded by YCombinator, Founders Fund, Coinbase Ventures, 1Confirmation, and Blockchain Capital.
OpenSea is the first and largest marketplace for non-fungible tokens, or NFTs. Applications for NFTs include collectibles, gaming items, domain names, digital art, and many other items backed by a blockchain. OpenSea is an open, inclusive web3 platform, where individuals can come to explore NFTs and connect with each other to purchase and sell NFTs. At OpenSea, we’re excited about building a platform that supports a brand new economy based on true digital ownership and are proud to be recognized as Y Combinator’s #4 ranked top private company.When hiring candidates, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in our culture, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, grow rapidly, and love our work. We also know how critical it is to celebrate and support our differences. Employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences and opinions enables our employees, our product and our community to flourish. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. To help facilitate this, we support remote, hybrid or onsite work at either New York City, San Francisco or the Silicon Valley for the majority of our opportunities.We’re looking for a Developer Relations Engineer to work directly with OpenSea’s developer community as we cultivate a thriving ecosystem of builders and creators. As the public face of our developer products, you’ll help developers build valuable experiences, on top of our APIs and SDKs, and will be the voice of the developer community as we shape future products. You’ll bring a creative and empathetic mindset to solve problems facing our developers and partners both directly and at scale, through documentation, tutorials, blog posts, events, and more.
What You’ll Do
- Be the ultimate expert on our developer products and a valuable resource for our developer community at scale
- Engage with developers of all shapes and sizes to help drive broad understanding of our developer products and the opportunities that they unlock
- Deeply understand the ways in which developers are using our products and distill into actionable feedback for our Product and Engineering teams
- Develop and maintain a range of resources for our developer community, including documentation, sample code, best practices, and more
- Drive our engagement with the developer ecosystem through our various touch points (Twitter, Discord, blog, events)
- Identify opportunities for collaboration with other teams/projects that help bring more developers into the ecosystem
If you don’t think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we’re looking for someone who is excited to join the team.
- 3+ years experience in developer relations, developer advocacy, partner/solutions engineering, or related experience
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with an ability to land complex, technical concepts with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Passion for helping developers build successful services and new experiences
- Experience building on top of APIs, SDKs, and open source projects
- Understanding of API design concepts and best practices
- Familiarity with Python, Node.js, and Typescript
- Employs data-driven approaches to understanding trends, issues, and impact
- Expert at debugging issues, determining root case, and scoping potential solutions
Nice to Have
- Previous experience in software engineering or related role
- Exposure to blockchain/NFT ecosystem