CrazyGames (11-50 Employees, N/A 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
CrazyGames.com, one of the world’s largest browser games platforms, is looking for a remote DevOps and Backend Engineer. You will be the main DevOps engineer working on a web application used by 2 millions users per day, guided by our Tech Lead. In addition to heading our infrastructure, you’ll also do backend work. All of our infrastructure runs on AWS and uses Docker containers on ECS, microservices, and Terraform. Our codebase is fully written in Typescript.
On a typical day you might:
- Set up CircleCI to fully automate our production deployments.
- Investigate the effects of a DDoS attack on our infrastructure.
- Investigate spikes on our RDS and improve error reporting on existing services
- Improve the security of our infrastructure by putting in place a solid and scalable AWS permissions system.
- Develop the backend of a game leaderboard feature using Node, Typescript, GraphQL, SQL, and / or Redis.
Key outcomes for the role:
- Within 1 month, you have a good understanding of our current infrastructure and already perform some small maintenance tasks.
- Within 3 months, you plan and build new infra parts to improve the development chain.
- Within 6 months, you plan and build challenging infra parts to support new features, you write code for simple backend features.
- Within 12 months, you are fully responsible for monitoring, maintaining and improving the infrastructure, you are regularly taking part in developing more complex backend features.
Reach out if:
- You are intelligent, efficient, and organized. You have an attention to detail.
- You like open, efficient, and to-the-point communication and you have experience in working remotely.
- You have a strong understanding of a wide range of technical topics (ranging from simple unix server to containerized and serverless applications).
- You have experience with most of AWS, UNIX, Docker, Node and Typescript, SQL DB, Terraform, Servless, infrastructure-as-code, and security.
- You like diving into new things and challenging resource-intensive projects.
- Small and elite engineering team of 6 engineers
- A modern tech stack on a massive scale: Node.js, React, TypeScript, GraphQL deployed using Terraform & Serverless on AWS.
- A lot of responsibility and freedom. We hire only experts and trust them to deliver excellent results.
- Flexible working hours and location. The results are what count!
- 2 team weeks per year. We pay for flights and accommodation so you can have fun with the team.
- The opportunity to play games and claim it’s work.