Aigent (11-50 Employees, 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Aigent focuses on focused on bringing advances in Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning to customer service.
Aigent is scale-up building technology to assist customer support agents to reduce call handling time and increase customers satisfaction with faster and better responses. We’re building the future of the call centre industry with exciting software to assist customer service agents handling complex voice calls. With real-time natural language processing and sentiment analysis we deliver call centre agents and their managers real-time support for handling their ongoing calls.
- …iterate and do the smallest thing possible to get it out as quickly as possible:
We don’t write large plans, only the first step. We trust that we’ll know better how to proceed after something is done. We’re doing it right if we’re slightly embarrassed by the minimal result in the first iteration. In the beginning, it hurts to make decisions fast and to see that things are changed with less consultation. But frequently, the simplest version turns out to be the best one and you learn on real results and not assumptions and “gut-feeling” what’s next. This is explicitly not limited to software development but applies also to things like processes, security, partnerships, marketing and sales.
- …are bold and responsible:
At Aigent we act bold and fearless and we don’t wait for others to take action. There is no ‘somebody else’s problem’ and if we see a problem, we fix it. Instead of asking for permission, we ask for forgiveness if our changes break something.
- …are disruptive but seek harmony:
We are a diverse team not only in nationalities, but also in personalities and opinions. We embrace the value we gain through this. Everyone has the responsibility to challenge existing approaches throughout the company, nothing should be safe of criticism or questions. We value and welcome different perspectives, it’s what makes us authentic! This approach only works with empathy and patience. We assume only the best intentions from our peers. We make sure others understand what we’re trying to say, and ensure we understand others by using active listening.
- …bring new ideas and use boring solutions:
The result counts! We use any means necessary to solve a problem; our toolbox includes anything from ugly solutions and dirty hacks, to using new technologies and coming up with innovative ideas. We keep in mind that technology is a tool, not a goal. We don’t stay in our comfort zone and learn (and try!) something new every day. We work smart, not hard.
- …stick to the vision and listen to the customers:
Aigent’s goal is to help agents in real time during voice conversations and we keep this in mind whenever we work on our product and technologies. That means we are conscious on what we choose to work and on what we don’t work; we always strive to improve the experience for our end user with any change. We listen to the customer and the market to make sure we are adding maximum of value to our customers.
We are very ambitious and we have to move forward fast. We work on a variety of ambitious projects, developing services to stream and analyse voice in real-time and co-design our backend architecture to deliver a flexible and fast changing product. We challenge each other and have freedom to test, learn, improve and to be innovative every day. We look into new technologies, analysing in-depth state-of-the-art and experimental technologies to find the best possible solutions fitting our needs best. We are looking for you as a creative, passionate person who is ready to push the boundaries in all areas.
Your job is to work together with our DevOps and engineering team to architect, plan, implement, maintain and automate our technical infrastructure to deliver the smallest things as fast as possible with the goal to build iteratively upon these results to achieve our larger long-term milestones. Starting with release management, development environments towards complex on-premise integrations and difficult networking challenges while ensuring to meet Information Security compliance standards like PCI-DSS and SOC2 we offer a very complex and exciting modern infrastructure for which we require creative solutions where results can be seen fast, stable and within small budgets and of course always with our external and internal customer satisfaction in mind.
If you’re ready, join our exciting and game-changing journey as a DevOps Engineer, fill in the following form and we’ll get in touch with you accordingly.
- Minimum 1+ years of experience in deploying, maintaining and managing horizontal scalable infrastructure for backend applications and services
- Professional problem solver, pro-active, team-worker, rigorous, very communicative and 100% result-driven
- Strong ability to understand, prioritise and handle multiple complex tasks with confidence, maturity and a customer-first mindset
- Smart, creative and practical at the same time
- Strong understanding of requirements for horizontal and automated scalable systems and operations
- Strong understanding of share-nothing paradigms, service discovery, monitoring and alerting concepts
- Experienced in operating Ubuntu, Debian and virtual machine (KVM) based Linux systems on bare-metal
- Experienced in handling and building continuous integration and deployment pipelines
- Experienced in highly distributed applications and the challenge of workload distribution
- Experienced in working iteratively to deliver first results fast and optimise on real-world issues
- Knowledgeable in working with RESTful APIs, stream-based and general service and event/message-queue oriented architectures
- Knowledgeable in automating system administration with Ansible, Puppet and/or Chef
- Knowledgeable in using Docker and/or Kubernetes
- Knowledgeable in using cloud services (AWS, Azure, Google)
- Implementing and tuning continuous integration and deployment pipelines for development, testing and production environments
- Implementing and improving our access and security guidelines
- Implementing and improving the monitoring of performance bottlenecks as well as alerting on incidents within our infrastructure before they affect our customers
- Result and performance driven implementations
- Prove viability of solutions through mechanisms like proof-of-concepts or quick prototypes
- Working in close collaboration with product management and backend / data engineers
- Improving our technologies with in-depth knowledge and constructive feedback
- Fully remote work but plan a few trips per year to our R&D headquarter in Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Challenging and inspiring work environment
- Flat hierarchy where your voice will be heard
- Flexible hours (preferred working hours in CET timezone)
- Training and development programs