LendInvest (201-500 Employees, 35% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Since starting out in 2008 we’ve lent more than £4 billion of mortgages and have helped to put thousands of new or improved homes into the UK housing market. In that time we’ve built a truly international capital base. Today, our funders and investors include pension funds, insurers and global institutions like HSBC, J.P. Morgan, Citigroup and National Australia Bank. In 2019 we became the first UK Fintech to securitise a portfolio of buy-to-let mortgages. We are a multiple award-winning company and have been proudly profitable since 2015.
About the team:
Our technology team accounts for approximately a quarter of the workforce. We’re split into seven cross-functional teams, led by product managers and team leads, that are delivering along specific value streams or looking after a specific system. The devops team works with the other groups to make sure we have the right infrastructure in place and we can run, monitor and scale our systems seamlessly.
We work with AWS taking advantage of managed services like RDS, SQS, SNS, S3, EC2 etc. and we have a Kubernetes cluster which manages all our containerised applications. We take advantage of Prometheus for monitoring our infrastructure, an ELK stack to collect and browse our logs and Jenkins to deploy our code. We use Terraform to describe our infrastructure as code.
About your work:
As a Devops Engineer you will be part of our devops team, helping to build and maintain our infrastructure ensuring we use AWS and Kubernetes effectively and efficiently. You’re a passionate devops engineer with commercial experience in AWS, Kubernetes, Docker and knowledge of IoC tools (ideally Terraform). You have experience working in a microservice based environment.
Day to day:
- Take part in standups
- Go through the project board to evaluate the work to be done
- Discuss the best infrastructure implementation with other devops or engineers
- Evaluate where and how to refactor or improve the existing infrastructure
- Look after our monitoring system
- Collaborate with the engineers to test the infrastructure in non production environments
- Release changes in production
- Contribute to design complex technical solutions
- Fostering a lean healthy culture and efficient ways of working, including appropriate tooling
- Help finding the right trade-off between technical and commercial needs
- Hybrid or remote working available
- 25 days’ holiday
- Matched pension contributions up to 4%
- Private healthcare (Vitality)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season ticket loan
- Life assurance 4x salary
- A LendInvest volunteer day
- Discounts via Perkbox
- Socials including company events, painting classes, cocktail making, pizza making, murder mysteries and weekly yoga (remotely)