Galileo (51-200 Employees, 158% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Traditional health care is broken. Galileo is here to fix it. We’re a rapidly growing health startup that combines intuitive design and clinical expertise to deliver affordable, quality care for all.
Founded by Thomas Lee, MD, the physician entrepreneur behind One Medical and Epocrates, Galileo’s innovative, value-based digital and delivery systems revolve around people—bringing better doctors and treatment to them, whoever they are and wherever they live.
At Galileo, we’re dedicated to flipping the traditional health care model and implementing a modern solution. Our empathetic, mission-driven vision celebrates creative problem-solving, and moves quickly to build great products. Our teamwork hinges on seamless collaboration. We believe in a hybrid, flexible working environment and have team members across the U.S. and Europe.
HOW WE WORK
Galileo’s digital practice is a 24/7 primary care practice providing affordable, accessible healthcare to patients. Our clinicians generally work in 4-hour shifts, on a consistent quarterly schedule of 16-23 hours a week (part-time) or 24+ hours a week (full-time, benefits-eligible) across all days and hours.
We look for passionate Spanish-speaking clinicians who are invested in solving complex problems that impact millions of lives and are excited about fixing what’s broken to improve care quality and health outcomes for everyone.
We believe in a culture that fosters teamwork, excellence, and sound decision-making—one that is based on mutual respect and trust. We appreciate individuals who are open and honest about what they’re looking for so we can ensure it’s a fit on both sides.
We’d love to hear from you if you:
- Have 5+ years of clinical experience in complex care, chronic care, or primary care
- Are experienced in or an appetite for learning digital-first healthcare (e.g. virtual medicine)
- Are interested in new, innovative models of care that balance evidence-based approaches with creative ideas
- Are a board-certified Physician in Family Medicine or Internal Medicine or a licensed Nurse Practitioner with experience practicing Family Medicine, Internal medicine or in a Primary Care setting.
- Are able to obtain a license in any state
- Are able to meet minimum hour requirements and work at least 1-weekend shift every other week.
- Are professionally fluent in English/Spanish including reading, writing, speaking, and understanding the cultural nuances for native Spanish speakers in a medical setting
ABOUT THE ROLE
Galileo is looking for technologically savvy and progressive clinicians to join our digital practice. In this role, you will leverage data, technology, and operational rigor to optimize great patient outcomes while offering highly personalized care. As part of our clinical team, you will leverage asynchronous text-based chat and synchronous video to provide high-quality, comprehensive primary care to our patients throughout the U.S. while giving yourself the time to pursue other endeavors.
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Provide best-in-class care for Galileo patients through a digital-first setting by leveraging our innovative, proprietary app and technology and your excellent clinical judgment
- Solve patient problems in an efficient, nimble manner by drawing on resourcefulness, team expertise, and a “can-do” approach
How We Hire
Galileo is committed to hiring the best team possible to build health care that works for everyone. We value a diverse set of perspectives to deliver the best possible solutions to those problems. We look for talent from a wide range of backgrounds—including, but not limited to—race, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, disability, and veteran status. Galileo is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with a qualifying disability or conflict with a sincerely held religious belief, unless doing so would cause an undue hardship or fail to eliminate a direct threat.
Galileo interview requests and job offers only originate from Galileo.io email addresses (e.g. [email protected]). Galileo will never ask for bank information (e.g. account and routing number), social security numbers, passwords, or other sensitive information to be delivered via email. If you receive a scam email or wish to report a security issue involving Galileo, please notify us at: [email protected]