DonorsChoose (51-200 Employees, 2% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
DonorsChoose engages the public in public schools by giving people a simple, accountable, and personal way to address educational inequity. In this clip, board member Stephen Colbert tells our story.
To date, teachers at 87% of all the public schools in America have posted classroom project requests on our site. Projects range from paper and markers for a poetry writing unit to violins for a school recital. More than 4 million “citizen philanthropists” have supported such projects, channeling books, field trips, technology, and other resources to more than 40 million students nationwide. In all, we’ve generated $970 million for learning experiences designed by our country’s most dedicated public school teachers.
GOOD Magazine highlighted us as one of 30 Places We Want to Work, while Fast Company named DonorsChoose. one of the 50 Most Innovative Companies in the World—the first time a charity has made this list. Through our dedicated team and culture, DonorsChoose earned recognition as the #1 “Best Nonprofit to Work For” by the Nonprofit Times.
About the Team
The Marketing & Community team is responsible for driving revenue from individual donors and hitting both our total revenue goal and driving goal (dollars to Equity Focus schools) each fiscal year. Our goal this school year is to bring over 650K individuals to give $90M to drive equitable access to resources in classrooms nationwide. Housed within the larger M&C team, the Digital and Growth Marketing team is responsible for scaling and maintaining our marketing systems, and for growing and retaining our community of teachers and donors through our primary channels of email, broadcast text, and paid media.
About the role
Reporting to the Director, Digital and Growth Marketing, the Digital Marketing Associate will support and drive forward efforts to acquire new donors, teachers and potential supporters through digital advertising and other cross-channel promotions. This is a tactical, hands-on role building, testing, deploying and analyzing ads, emails and sms text messages.
In this role you will:
- Build digital ad campaigns in multiple platforms – e.g. Facebook, Instagram, Google, LinkedIn
- Build email and sms text messages, as well as audience targets, in our sending platforms
- Test and proof ads, emails and sms campaigns for quality, accuracy and ensure data is flowing correctly across systems
- Construct A/B and multivariate tests, monitor and report on results
- Pull campaign metrics, analyze and summarize key findings
- Develop ad plans and creative briefs that support larger campaign, team and organization goals
- Track spending against budgets for paid media programs
- Provide additional support for the Digital & Growth Marketing and Marketing & Community teams as needed
This role may be perfect for you if:
- You have at least one year of hands-on experience working on paid social, paid search or other digital advertising channels
- You are familiar and comfortable working with HTML and CSS
- You have a strong ability to write clearly, concisely and logically
- You know how to stay highly organized and ahead of deadlines for multiple projects
- You can identify problems and propose solutions
- You like learning new technologies and keeping up to date with digital marketing trends
- You’re committed to our mission to support public school teachers and students, and energized by sharing that passion with others
- You’re eager to drive racial equity in education and have comfort speaking about race personally and/or professionally
Compensation and Benefits
Compensation for this role is competitive with equivalent roles at other nonprofits of our size. In addition, we offer full-time staff 25 paid vacation days per year and 11 paid holidays, a rich employer-paid individual and family health plan, a matching 401(k) plan (up to 5% of base salary), annual professional development stipend, and casual and flexible work environment. To learn more about what it is like to work for DonorsChoose, visit our careers page.
Hybrid Workplace and Other Details
In this role, you’ll have the option to work a flexible hybrid schedule in our NYC office, or to work fully remotely from CA, DC, FL, GA, IL, IN, MD, MI, NJ, NY, OR, PA, TX, or WI.
DonorsChoose is a fully vaccinated workplace and all new employees, regardless of their work location, will be asked to share proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 within two weeks of their hire date or request an exemption from this policy due to a disability or sincerely held religious belief or practice.
Apply online by submitting your resume and answering the application questions. A cover letter is optional and may be addressed to Joe Coakley, Director of Digital & Growth Marketing.
A Final Note
The DonorsChoose team works toward a nation where students in every community have the resources needed for an excellent education. To do this we hire and support a diverse team of the best and the brightest talent available.
We are an organization increasingly representative of the varied races and ethnicities, genders and sexual orientations, religious and political beliefs, and abilities that comprise our nation. DonorsChoose focuses on attracting, retaining, and advancing diverse talent because it makes us more effective, high-performing, creative, and resilient.
If you are passionate about our mission, highly skilled in your field, and looking for a place where you can bring all of yourself to work, we want you.