Chainlink Labs (201-500 Employees, 1000% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Chainlink Labs is the leading provider of secure and reliable open-source oracle solutions, enabling smart contracts to access anything outside their native blockchain, such as off-chain data feeds, web APIs, and traditional bank payments.
As Director of Customer Marketing, you will spearhead our key marketing programs that support hundreds of projects within the Chainlink ecosystem. You will build and lead a cross functional team of marketers, writers, designers, communications managers and more. This is a career-defining opportunity to create and execute an ecosystem “marketing agency” strategy for one of the fastest-growing projects in the entire blockchain ecosystem.
- Develop understanding of our customers’ journey to upsell, cross-sell and advocacy and shape our customer marketing strategy to support
- Identify key customers that can act as a marketing channel through case studies, speaking opportunities, etc. and manage the resulting library of customer success stories
- Define programs and campaigns that target customers for upsell and cross-sell opportunities
- Partner with Product Management to understand and collect specifics on the needs of each of Chainlink’s customer personas
- Create and execute the strategy to engage and build great marketing experiences with the growing number of 500+ ecosystem projects
- Recruit, mentor and manage a growing cross functional team of marketers, writers, designers, strategists, and others
- Deliver long-term marketing value to prioritized ecosystem members
- Manage across internal (sales, customer success, business development) and external (projects) stakeholders to ensure clear alignment and positive relationships
- Rally cross-functional resources (design, content, press, etc.) to deliver upon customer marketing goals
- Create an organized system that communicates across the organization what the announcement schedule and state is
- Continuously add value to the ecosystem through creative initiatives and programs
- Identify and execute creative ways to support ecosystem projects
- Exceptionally organized, efficient with managing marketing calendars in various different channels and conversations (email, slack, telegram, wechat)
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Able to manage competing priorities and high demands
- Ability to build and mentor a high performing team
- Must thrive in an environment of rapid change, moving targets, limited resources, high intensity and cross-functional dependencies
- Ability to develop efficient workflows considering the asynchronous communication nature of a fully distributed team
- Confidence working in a fast-paced environment; ability to deliver under time-bound and high stakes circumstances
- Solid understanding about blockchain, with a strong passion about technology and a deep interest in constantly expanding your knowledge
- Experience working with a global team across multiple cultures
At Chainlink Labs, we’re committed to the key operating principles of ownership, focus, and open dialogue. We practice complete ownership, where everyone goes the extra mile to own outcomes into success. We understand that unflinching focus is a superpower and is how we channel our activity into technological achievements for the benefit of our entire ecosystem. We embrace open dialogue and critical feedback to arrive at an accurate and truthful picture of reality that promotes both personal and organizational growth.
About Chainlink Labs
Chainlink is the industry standard oracle network for connecting smart contracts to the real world. With Chainlink, developers can build hybrid smart contracts that combine on-chain code with an extensive collection of secure off-chain services powered by Decentralized Oracle Networks. Managed by a global, decentralized community of hundreds of thousands of people, Chainlink is introducing a fairer model for contracts. Its network currently secures billions of dollars in value for smart contracts across the decentralized finance (DeFi), insurance, and gaming ecosystems, among others. The full vision of the Chainlink Network can be found in the Chainlink 2.0 whitepaper. Chainlink is trusted by hundreds of organizations—from global enterprises to projects at the forefront of the blockchain economy—to deliver definitive truth via secure, reliable data.
This role is location agnostic anywhere in the world, but we ask that you overlap some working hours with Eastern Standard Time (EST).
We are a fully distributed team and have the tools and benefits to support you in your remote work environment.
Chainlink Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer.