Catalyst (51-200 Employees, 316% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Catalyst is the world’s most intuitive Customer Success Platform (CSP), and was built by an experienced group of industry leaders. Our software integrates with the tools that CS teams are already using to provide one centralized view of customer data. Customer Success Managers can subsequently take the right actions to prevent churn, increase product adoption, and align the entire organization on a unified workflow to manage customers throughout their journey. Catalyst helps organizations turn Customer Success into a company-wide mission.
Catalyst is looking for a Director, Customer Success who will play an integral role in building upon our foundation for creating the industry’s best-in-class Customer Success team. You will build, mentor, and lead a team that is driven to deliver a customer experience that is unparalleled to what exists in the industry today – one so strong that our customers choose to replicate our experience within their own teams, to deliver the same for their customers. You and your team are sought out for best practices based on the reputation/brand you’ve built for maximizing business impact (NRR) while delivering an exceptional customer experience.
You will report directly to the VP of Customer Success, and will oversee the teams responsible for ensuring the adoption, value, retention & growth of our customers: Customer Success Management, Customer Experience Program Management, & Renewals. You will be accountable for driving gross retention, net revenue retention, customer adoption + health and customer satisfaction aligned to company targets through your team and in partnership with those across Catalyst. As a highly visible leader within Catalyst, you will play an integral role in demonstrating daily our mission of bringing CS to the center of our organization.
What You’ll Do
- Set the overall vision & strategic plan for 3 critical functions of our CS organization: Customer Success Management, Customer Experience Program Management, & Renewals
- Build the team and org structure that drives consistent target attainment (gross retention, net revenue retention, adoption + health, CSAT)
- Recruit top talent, upholding and driving our bar for CS excellence
- Provide routine coaching and feedback aligned to your direct reports’ career aspirations
- Define business efficiency strategies for scale – customer segmentation, book balancing, repeatable playbooks
- Leverage data and insights to measure efficiency and customer experience optimizations within the customer journey
- Deliver inspiring, motivational leadership that elevates the energy and enthusiasm of your direct team and those across Catalyst
- Act as an advisor to the VP of Customer Success and to the broader business, sharing recommendations, insights and learnings as to how we can ensure we’re delivering the highest standard of excellence within Customer Success
- Through your team, supported by data, provide routine visibility into GR + NRR forecasting and trends that drive our business strategy forward
- Partner cross functionally with fellow CS leadership & their respective teams to ensure consistency in the customer + employee experience we deliver (Implementation + Support)
- Partner with cross-functional stakeholders like Sales, Marketing, Product and Engineering in an effort to drive our mission forward of bringing CS to the center
- Work in partnership with CS Ops to build upon Catalyst 4 Catalyst, ensuring we’re the gold standard for leveraging our product in driving our CS processes
- Act as Subject Matter Expert and Voice of Customer to Product, to help them design and build the world’s best CX platform
- Act as a partner to our customers, serving as a thought leadership advisor (Catalyst + CS best practices) and point of internal escalation to support team in de-risking accounts
What You’ll Need
- 4+ years of people management experience, with 1+ years of experience managing managers
- 5+ years of experience in a client-facing, pre- or post-sales role within a SaaS environment
- Experience leading CS teams who have executed high touch, tech touch and renewal responsibility motions
- Experience forecasting revenue targets
- Possesses a strong management presence and leadership ability, with communication and interpersonal skills that inspire and motivate leaders and teams
- Demonstrated operational excellence in analytical thinking, process development and improvement, problem solving, communication, delegation and planning
- u200bu200bAbility to be flexible and agile in responding to evolving business priorities and dealing with ambiguity
- Experience successfully working with senior (VP + C-level) executives
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment with peers who challenge you to grow
Why You’ll Love Working Here!
- Highly competitive compensation package, including equity – everyone has a stake in our growth
- Monthly Mental Health Days and Mental Health Weeks twice per year where the company takes off
- Comprehensive benefits, including up to 100% paid medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage for you & your loved ones
- Unlimited vacation policy, encouraging you to take the time you need – we trust you to strike the right work/life balance
- Annual education stipend, to ensure that you’re continuously expanding your skill set
- Monthly wellness stipend, to ensure that you’re taking care of both your physical & mental health
- Monthly remote team-building events, including game nights, trivia, cooking/mixology classes, and more!
Catalyst is an equal opportunity employer, meaning that we do not discriminate based upon race, religion, national origin, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, or any other protected class. We believe that diversity is more than just good intentions, and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.