Red Canary (201-500 Employees, 147% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Who We Are
Red Canary was founded to create a world where every organization can make its greatest impact without fear of cyber attack. Our combination of market-defining technology, processes, and expertise are preventing breaches every day. We are completely changing the way security is delivered and setting the new standard for security. If our mission resonates with you, let’s talk!
What We Believe In
– Do what’s right for the customer
– Be kind and authentic
– Deliver great quality
– Be relentless
Challenges You Will Solve
Red Canary is looking for an experienced Software Engineering Director who has expertise with designing and modernizing infrastructure, platform, and software systems, and is passionate about applying their technical expertise to proactively solving sophisticated system problems. If you have strong experience working with high-volume, low latency data processing systems, and the ability to deep-dive into various components of the architecture.
As the Director of Engineering, you will help design and lead a multi-year product roadmap, balancing short and long-term goals and investments. In this role, you will work closely with product leadership, design, engineering, and other cross-functional teams to determine Red Canary’s platform product strategies, ensure successful product launches, and plan for global market growth.
What You’ll Do
- Oversee multiple engineering managers and their teams responsible for developing and maintaining the stability and scalability of our platform
- Translate business objectives, drive data-driven prioritization and provide reliable engineering estimates aligned to the roadmap, while balancing technical debt and unplanned work
- Work effectively across departments (Product Management, Trust, Customer Success), building relationships and collaborating with internal counterparts and thought leaders
- Develop and adhere to a disciplined product development process, ensuring key milestones are met. Drive product insights, roadmap prioritization, and resource allocation. Ensure continued focus on long-term innovation.
- Own and maintain the quality of the product areas you and your team(s) are responsible for; deliver innovative world-class software and stellar customer experience with each release.
What You’ll Bring
- 10 + years of experience with software engineering management; experience building software products and shipping products as in an agile/scrum/kanban environment
- 2+ years of people management responsibilities
- Passion for mentoring and growing team members (both managers and individual contributors) in their professional and technical development
- Strong experience working with high-volume, low latency data processing systems, and the ability to deep-dive into various components of the architecture
- You are familiar or can quickly come up to speed with Ruby, Ruby on Rails, Go and Rust and associated continuous integration and container orchestration technologies.
- Depth in understanding of cloud architectures, scalable systems designs, secure architecture patterns, and business-critical Linux environments
- A breadth of experience designing and modernizing infrastructure, platform, and software systems, and are passionate about applying your technical expertise to proactively solving sophisticated system problems
- You are technically proficient and will be able to work directly with senior engineers to get their buy in, proactively solve issues and act as a subject matter expert across assigned scope
- You will guide and lead the teams in technology choice evaluation, avoid chasing the shiny object and drive pragmatic choices focused on reliability, scalability and resilience.
- You are comfortable with ambiguity and change and can process the information, define the strategy and deliver results at scale; you have the ability to distill complex and ambiguous situations into impactful plans for your team
- You are excellent at verbal and written communication skills and use it to articulate the vision, drive clarity and influence at all levels including team members, stakeholders, execs, partners and customers
- You have the fluidity to act as an individual contributor and produce substantive deliverables
Targeted base salary range: $200,000 – $250,000 + bonus eligibility and equity depending on experience.
Why Red Canary?
Red Canary is where people embody our mission to improve security outcomes for all. People work hard to maintain a culture that encourages authenticity in order to do your best work. Our people are driven and committed to finding the best security outcomes, delivering real and actionable answers, and being transparent along the way.
At Red Canary, we offer a very rich benefits program to our full-time team members so they can focus on their families and improving our customers’ security. For a full list of benefits, please review our Benefits Summary:
Individuals seeking employment at Red Canary are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.