Cogito is advancing the way people communicate by applying machine learning to enhance conversations in real time. This is your chance to be a part of a trailblazing organization that is making a real difference using the latest cloud technologies for building highly-scalable products. Cogito performs in-call voice analysis and delivers real time guidance to agents and unprecedented insights to managers to an impressive portfolio of Fortune 500 clients.
We are looking for a Director to lead our Dialog team, which is responsible for our flagship product. You will help us scale for our continued growth by leading an onshore and off-shore team. You will be working to keep our software technology aligned with the business’s strategic vision and will work across multiple engineering teams to ensure the development of maintainable and scalable products.
Cogito embraces an office optional workspace where Cogicians can work remotely, in office or a hybrid of the two. This position can be performed from anywhere in the continental US.
Lead our Dialog team as Cogito scales on a hyper-growth trajectory. This includes onshore and offshore teams.
Formulate and document a vision for Dialog architecture and approaches.
Work with stakeholders to understand and prioritize competing needs, applying the team’s capacity to the most important projects that ensure organizational growth and sustainability.
Institute compelling performance measurements that continually drive transparency, improved performance, and deadline achievement.
Proactively identify technical debt and product areas that require attention or improvement at the architecture level.
Consult with the engineering team with ongoing projects. Help them align solutions with the architecture vision and industry best practices. Make software design (application-level) decisions with the team.
Bachelors or Masters degree in engineering, computer science, or another relevant field strongly preferred
10+ of software development experience
7+ years leading and mentoring or managing multiple teams of developers
Demonstrated ability to build teams, develop talent, lead by example and have passion and discipline on operational excellence.
Previous experience working with multiple remote engineering teams both within and outside of the US, India would be a plus.
Deep sense of ownership. You take responsibility for the success of the engineering team.
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, ability to apply these skills in written, verbal and visual (eg video calls) modes of communication.
– Your choice of comprehensive benefits for you and your family’s health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance
– Frequent catered lunch and live product demos
– 401(k) retirement plan options
– Ongoing professional development and cross-training
– 20 days vacation time, 5 days sick time, 2 floating holidays and 11 company holidays (yes, Patriot’s Day is a holiday)
– 2 “Be Gentle” personal days
– Company paid parental leave upon hire
– Competitive pay, stock options, and annual bonus eligibility
– Stock options via equity grants
– Eligibility for annual bonus for all non commissioned employees
– Casual and inclusive office atmosphere
– Office Optional policy where Cogician’s choose where they work either primarily remote, primarily in office or hybrid
– Ability to support Cogician’s anywhere in the US through our Office Optional policy
Equal Opportunity Employer
Cogito is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fair hiring practices and to creating a welcoming environment for all team members. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, familial status or veteran status.
Authorization to Work
Applicants for employment in the US must be authorized to work in the US.