Getaround provides a marketplace for peer-to-peer rental of underutilized personal vehicles.
At Getaround, we’re building a global platform to enable a future where all cars are shared. There are more than 1 billion cars in the world, and these cars are parked, on average, more than 95% of the time. With instant and keyless car sharing via our patented hardware and software platform and our industry-leading mobile apps, we’re helping communities around the world share these underutilized resources to reduce their vehicle footprint while increasing mobility solutions.
The Director, Insurance & Claims plays a key role as department head for Getaround’s platform insurance and claims function. This position will be responsible for procuring and maintaining the primary auto insurance and working with the team responsible for assisting car owners through the claims process. This role will make critical decisions on risk mitigation including insurance coverage, minimizing claims related financial risk and losses and leading a team of managers, supervisors, specialists and agents.
What you’ll be doing
- Develop and provide strategic direction for Getaround’s insurance and claims functions
- Ensure a positive customer experience for Hosts and Guests during the claims process
- Ensure service levels are met with regards to customer communications and claim processing times, third party and vendor communications
- Ensure Host and Guest claims are handled consistently and accurately to meet service quality and financial objectives
- Report and communicate key metrics and trends to key stakeholders including executives and department heads (including Finance, Operations, M&O)
- Identify, recommend, and implement tools, systems or processes to help scale the customer service and insurance organization
What you’ll need
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- 10+ years experience in insurance, specifically commercial auto and advance claims experience
- 7+ years management and leadership experience including responsibility for hiring, career development, promotions, terminations with multi-level remote/distributed teams
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely to stakeholders in operations, finance, accounting, legal. With ability to communicate at all levels from executives to customer service agents.
- Strong project management skills and ability to meet aggressive deadlines; bias towards action
- Ability to proactively partner cross-functionally to solve complex business problems
- Strong prioritization skills, especially in an environment that is fast moving
- Proficiency with designing processes, creating flow charts, etc.
- Ability to identify key metrics and manage to those metrics
- Experience with mediation, arbitration, and/or alternative dispute resolution methodologies
- Out-of-the-box thinker who will find creative ways solve problems with multiple stakeholders
- Experience working in technology or a start-up environment and ability to prioritize in a fast moving environment
Benefits & Perks
- Platinum plans for medical, dental, and vision take excellent care of you and your family
- Generous stock options and robust 401(K) to help you save and plan for retirement
- Remote first workplace, flexible work hours, and open PTO policy (we mean it!)
- Work smarter incentive policy to optimize your home office and individual wellness needs
- Education stipend to promote your career development and growth
- Your own LinkedIn Learning account
- Monthly Getaround credits and discounts for your friends and family
At Getaround, we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that no matter your race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, your perspective has value.
Come join us in continuing to make Getaround a great place to work!