SecurityScorecard is headquartered in NYC with over 260+ employees globally. Our culture has helped us be recognized by Inc Magazine as a “Best Workplace,” “Best Places to Work in NYC” by Crain’s NY, and one of the 10 hottest SaaS startups in NY for two years in a row.
About the team:
SecurityScorecard is experiencing tremendous growth and seeking a highly motivated professional with exceptional analytical skills to join us as a Finance Director to drive planning, ad-hoc deal analysis, leadership scorecard and dashboard. We help senior business leaders frame decision quantitatively, including investment and strategic priorities.
If you have Enterprise SAAS experience, have helped scale businesses, build scalable excel models/ reports, bring intellectual horsepower and thrive on being hands on keep reading.
What you will do:
Decision Support and Ad-hoc Analysis
- Visible & Critical Influencer – This is a highly visible and critical role in the organization to partner with senior sales leadership team in understanding and driving strategic and financial goals of the organization at SSC. Excellent opportunity to work closely with CFO/Senior leaders and learn/grow.
- Build Cohesive Stories – Able to work independently, pull data from different sources including sales force. Analyze/parse data and create/deliver cohesive stories using variety to metrics, data and analysis. Create intuitive story/slides that convey complex analysis and ideas.
- Trusted Advisor who can identify and bridge acceptable scenario options, hold partners accountable, employ quantitative and qualitative approaches to decision framework. Develop strong business relations, and be a trusted advisor to leadership team.
- Thought Leadership – Provide thought leadership, think critically in a structured fashion, translate leadership discussions into an analytical decision-making framework. Agile and able to adapt to the changing business needs in a rapid growth environment.
- Driver Based Model – Create and maintain a driver based P&L model for sales forecast including bookings, billings and related expenses.
- Consistent & Accurate Forecast– Own forecast/close process for sales function and develop a scalable/repeatable process, deliver consistent forecast accuracy, identify risks and opportunities to forecast.
- Insightful – Develop close/forecast reporting package for stakeholders that is insightful, intuitive in understanding complex data and helps leadership team frame decisions quantitatively.
- Manage Competing Priorities – Understand and manage the competing priorities of Competitive Pricing – Maximizing Top/Bottom-line – Smooth Sales Execution. Strong understanding of the SAAS business models and Enterprise/Commercial Deal structuring and pricing.
- Modelling – Expert at ad-hoc modelling, building back of envelop math’s, excel pivots, lookups, in pulling together a quick 360’ decision framework for leadership team that is in the best interest of SSC and customer.
- Deal Analysis – Review complex deals, create ad-hoc analysis, impact to P&L, recommend decision framework to executive teams a short time-frame.
- Competitive Benchmark – Work closely with marketing and pricing teams to competitively benchmark SSC products and pricing strategies and corporate goals
Process Innovation and Continuous Improvement
- Develop Playbook – Work closely with a cross functional team from Finance, Legal, Operations, and Marketing teams to develop operational plans, innovative deal structures that are scalable and repeatable.
- Operational Guardrails – Create guardrails and other operational/executional tools to ensure compliance with published sales and business approval policies.
- Continuous Improvement – Identify sales & other process improvements and training or re-training opportunities for sales team based on guardrail adjustments.
- 10+ years or more of corporate finance with a strong mix of skills in SAAS, Sales Finance, BOD slides prep and Financial planning.
- Understands key enterprise SaaS metrics
- Excellent scenario modeling experience in excel and you have built models that are driver based, scalable, pivotable, plug-n-play capable.
- BA/BS degree in finance, accounting or related field
- Experience with Salesforce , Adaptive Insights, Intact, Tableau strongly preferred
- Superior and effective communication skills, including written and verbal
- Ability to build relationships and work collaboratively to drive results
- Superior analytical background with strong problem-solving skills and strong intellectual and staying horse power.
We offer a competitive salary, stock options, a comprehensive benefits package, including health and dental insurance, unlimited PTO, parental leave, tuition reimbursements, and much more!
SecurityScorecard embraces diversity. We believe that our team is strengthened through hiring and retaining employees with diverse backgrounds, skillsets, ideas, and perspectives. We make hiring decisions based upon merit and do not discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.